Amirite?

booooooooooooo

5 hours ago, FLiam said:

This should be named AEW: Fight Never.

Amirite?

AEW: Delayed Forever

• Haha 2

• 5 weeks later...

Another month of radio silence on the game and no firm release date in sight.

It's just tough simple wrestling game with a few basic match types, a decent roster, and a simple but effective story mode wouldn't have been out long ago.  Short of some kind of work stoppage in the studio, these just feel like the kind of delays that you can only have if there's a lot of miscommunication and/or indecisiveness at the creative level.  I mean Kenny said on a podcast in February that the game was done and one of the games' own developers shortly after said that it wasn't.

Genuinely wonder if Kenny kept wanting more and more bells and whistles added, not realizing that it not only takes extensive time to program and code new features but also, that every new thing you add carries a risk of breaking something that was already in place.

Just feels like this might end up turning into Homer Simpson designing a car.

The whole done vs. not done argument felt like it was coming from two different places and was semantics over the definition of what 'done' meant.

I think that Omega meant to say that it was feature complete in the sense of everything that they wanted to put in the game, everyone that was going to be in it, the story mode, the match types - etc - was all done and decided and playable. But what the studio guy said, and rightfully so, is that the product isn't done until testing is signed off on, marketing is signed off on, the discs are printed and in the store. There is still a lot of work to do but I don't think the work has to do with adding new features - just making sure that what is there works.

That being said the radio silence could be a problem with that, or it could be them still trying to work out the best time to release this now.

• Like 1

I feel like it might have something to do with 2K putting out decent WWE games again. When work started on Fight Forever, the WWE 2K series was in crisis after the botched release of WWE 2K20 and they were forced to take 2 years off. That really was the perfect time to start a new wrestling game franchise. But then the WWE 2K series made it's comeback in 2022 and it appeared like Visual Concepts had turned over a new leaf with their wrestling games as both 2K22 and 2K23 are getting good reviews. Maybe the developers at Yukes think that what they have isn't enough to compete with the new 2K games and that is why they keep delaying and adding new stuff.

Can't help but think they're trying to tie it into All In at this point, possibly an early fall release to try to beat the Christmas rush. It is crucial they get it right though because the 2K games have turned it around and AEW is putting out something that is admittedly stripped down in every regard. Some of that is by choice (graphics), some of it will be budget (match types, features), but at the end of the day, they're putting out a game that looks inferior on the surface. It better be polished as much as it can be by release because a bad launch will kill this thing dead and may block it from ever being a franchise at all. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Brandon Cutler Fan Account said:

The game is now preloading on Xbox and the achievement list is out there. Surprise imminent release coming?

Gosh I hope so. Can't wait to V Trigger CM Punk's face off.

6 hours ago, Brandon Cutler Fan Account said:

The game is now preloading on Xbox and the achievement list is out there. Surprise imminent release coming?

Saying Currently Unavailable for me? 

3 hours ago, apsham said:

Looks like people were pre-loading through the phone app and not the console/website itself.

Sure enough, that worked. Downloaded to my Xbox now. 

I'm gonna wind up being a crazy person and having this on both Xbox and Switch. 

Like I mentioned last week, getting it released before All Out, just like 2K does before WrestleMania, would be their best bet. Summer is often a dry spell for new games, they won't be competing with the overcrowded holiday season, and they'll likely have the most eyes ever on their product with Punk's return, Collision debuting, and All Out happening, and the possibility of a new streaming home. 

Looking at other games on the horizon, in June we have some heavy hitters with Diablo IV, FF16, and Street Fighter 6, but July and August are looking pretty light, though I'm sure I'm missing something. Late June/early July makes sense to me. 

• Like 2