AEW: Fight Forever

The graphics look a lot nicer than what I thought they would. I think I had this glitch in my brain that just assumed it'd have N64 graphics...

If it really does play like No Mercy, I may never buy another wrestling game again. And I don't even know who 95% of the roster is.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

It's today's nightmarish reality that means paying full price for a game doesn't mean you get all the content.

To be fair, this isn't an annual release that's trying to bleed us dry for every penny before the next iteration drops and they do the same thing over again.

I will happily buy DLC packs for a game that gets continued support, but until I know exactly what it is I can do with them, I'm going to hold off on spending that money.

For instance, if I am essentially finished with the game beyond just going back to have a good time, there's no real point in me spending extra money just so that I can pick up and play a quick match or two as Hookhausen while I wait for the bus to work or something. But if the game modes encourage me to continue playing beyond just needing a time killer, they can count me in for buying each DLC.

We know there isn't a GM or Universe type mode in the game at launch, and the game may not ever have one. So what can I do with the other modes to keep me coming back? They've talked about replayability for Road to Elite, but beyond that, it's just Exhibition matches as far as I can tell.

While I am likely to try my hand at creating my own little Universe type deal with the good old fashioned pen and paper (or computer, in the case of 2023), if my desire to go back is limited, it's unlikely I will care when new DLC packs are dropped.

In a nutshell, we just need some more information on what it actually is that we're getting. I'm happy to drop the $90 to pick up the game as-is, but further dollars won't be coming out of my account until I know more. They could drop a bunch of info and have me end up with the Elite Edition, but where we are at with what we know about the game so far, I'm looking at the standard edition and the caveat of probably having to pay more for the DLC at a later date, should I feel there is an actual reason for me to pick it up.

• Like 4

IGN accidentally showed part of a character select menu which confirms Chuck Taylor, Dustin Rhodes, Jeff Hardy, John Silver, Lance Archer, Luchasaurus, and Malakai Black in the game.

John Silver being in but apparently no Evil Uno kinda shocks me.  I know Silver is generally the most popular member of the group but it feels wrong to leave out the OG.

Gotta say, through the trouble of putting Jeff in the game despite being the latest arrival only to have Matt as pre-order/DLC feels a bit hackish IMO.

• Like 4

Yeah, why not just make The Hardys the preorder bonus? 

I'm, pardon the pun, all in on this game. But what console? Xbox is my "home" console, but I travel a ton and this feels like a great use of my Switch. I imagine it'll run just fine?

• Like 3

If Uno isn’t it, that’s just straight up cruel to him.  He’s been in the company since Day 1, and has done a ton of work promoting the game all through its development.

• Like 7

I hope all these clips of skateboarding in the AEW game from the new NL/Dankops vid goes some way to normalising having skateboards in all video games. GTA 5 has golf, tennis, airplanes and murdering a bunch of dudes but no skateboards?!

13 minutes ago, Maxx said:

If Uno isn’t it, that’s just straight up cruel to him.  He’s been in the company since Day 1, and has done a ton of work promoting the game all through its development.

FxjVZTYXwAcBM0M?format=jpg&name=900x900

Doesn't appear he is unless he's locked for some reason, which would be odd as the only confirmed unlockables so far are Brodie, Paul Wight, and a playable Aubrey Edwards.  So figure the unlockables will be your legends or special characters.

I remember him saying when this game was first announced how much of a dream for him it was to play as himself in a video game.  He'll always be much too humble to admit it but I'd be hard pressed to imagine this doesn't sting him a bit if he's really not in.  Especially when they put John Silver in (no clue on Alex Reynolds as this was the only glimpse of the character select screen).

• Like 3

It wouldn't surprise me if there are Day 1 wrestlers who aren't unlocked at the beginning of the game.

I imagine Road to Elite will allow us to unlock characters and/or attires for them as we play through that. There's also the AEW Shopping Mall or whatever the hell they're calling it, where I imagine we can use the in-game currency to unlock other wrestlers.

I would expect active workers to be unlocked through Road to Elite, and legends to be unlocked through their in-game mall.

• Like 1

I'm certainly interested in the game for the wrestling portion of it, but not so much on the mini-games. I'll probably wait for a sale or something though because I haven't bought a wrestling game in years.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Your Mom said:

I know this is silly. You don't need to tell me that but that completely cringe Matt Hardy thing and all the weird mini games are kinda making me want to wait now

Same. It feels very much a wait and see game to me. Not just for the gameplay but to see how much season passes are, what content comes with it etc. It all feels like they want to extract as much money possible from the fanbase in a cynical manner. But then so does/are alot of the gaming industry these days.

• Like 1