AEW: Fight Forever

Until I see it in motion, I'm not going to put too much into the Eddie screenshot either. In bad lighting with a weirdly timed facial animation that doesn't suit him, it could look a hell of a lot worse than it actually is. Everyone else has looked pretty spot on.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, apsham said:

Until I see it in motion, I'm not going to put too much into the Eddie screenshot either. In bad lighting with a weirdly timed facial animation that doesn't suit him, it could look a hell of a lot worse than it actually is. Everyone else has looked pretty spot on.

It's because it's bad faith posting (not Srar) from people who want to shit on the game/anything AEW. It's weird.

This looks perfectly fine to me:

FxL4YzYaIAEInpQ?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 3

yeah anti-AEW people are deranged. the only screenshot I've seen is one where Jade looked like something out of that M3gan movie, but it's probably in the same vein as that Eddie one.

• Haha 2

Eddie and the Bucks all look great.  So glad that one Eddie pic was just bad lighting/timing, I'll be using him a ton.

For the sake of tracking, the following have all had their models shown in the game at some point or another - either recently or from those mini-game previews a long while back:

• Abadon
  • Adam Cole
  • Adam Page
  • Dr. Britt Baker
  • Mr. Brodie Lee
  • Bryan Danielson
  • Chris Jericho
  • CM Punk
  • Darby Allin
  • Eddie Kingston
  • Hikaru Shida
  • Jade Cargill
  • Jon Moxley
  • Jungle Boy
  • Kenny Omega
  • Kris Statlander
  • Matt Jackson
  • Miro
  • MJF
  • Nick Jackson
  • Nyla Rose
  • Orange Cassidy
  • Paul Wight
  • Penta El Zero Miedo
  • Rey Fenix
  • Ricky Starks
  • Sammy Guevara
  • Sting
  • Thunder Rosa
  • Yuka Sakazaki

That's 30 models shown so far.  Plus some others that had been confirmed but not shown like Cody, Owen Hart etc. 

You'd think there are at least 20 more in the game given that "play a match with 50 wrestlers" achievement.  Figure Christian Cage, Matt Hardy, PAC, Lance Archer, Ruby Soho, Best Friends, Dustin Rhodes will be among them.  Brandi Rhodes being in wouldn't surprise me either even if Kenny didn't confirm her when he said Cody was in.  Maybe a couple more legends.

It's tough to think of another 20 without including FTR, especially since MJF has Pinnacle tron graphics in his entrance.  But I digress, it'll be a nice group to start with.

• Like 4

They still have a pretty large pool. Here are 40 (!!!) Inclusions that feel realistically possible to me and not including the folks Busch mentioned. Bolded ones that I'd be surprised to not see in the game:

• Spoiler
    • Anthony Bowens
    • Max Caster
    • Andrade El Idolo
    • Billy Gunn
    • Brian Pillman Jr.
    • Griff Garrison
    • Butcher
    • Blade
    • Brandon Cutler
    • Luchasaurus
    • Danhausen (if he's not in, he'll be first DLC with FTR)
    • Daniel Garcia
    • Jake Hager
    • Evil Uno
    • Ethan Page
    • Scorpio Sky
    • Frankie Kazarian
    • Christopher Daniels
    • Isiah Kassidy
    • Marq Quen
    • Malakai Black
    • Sonny Kiss
    • Kip Sabien
    • Serpentico
    • QT Marshall
    • Santana
    • Ortiz
    • Powerhouse Hobbs
    • Samoa Joe
    • Wardlow
    • Anna Jay
    • Bunny
    • Jamie Hayter
    • Penelope Ford
    • Riho
    • Tay Melo
    • Taz
    • Jerry Lynn
    • Arn Anderson
    • Excalibur
  • Like 5

Good call on SCU, I forget about them especially with Scorpio having been gone for almost a year.  But if the roster is very day one heavy their inclusions would make a lot of sense.

Of that list I believe Anthony Bowens and The Butcher ruled themselves out on Twitter, although they could easily be DLC.  Acclaimed especially would feel like a slam dunk to go along with FTR, Danhausen, or anyone else super popular that might've missed out.

I could definitely see Bunny making it even without the team.  She was a day one signing, did have a window in 2020 where she'd reverted back to Allie and separated from the team, plus again, Yuka and Abadon being in makes me think nearly every woman from the original roster has a great shot.

Luchasaurus feels like he'd have been a lock given he was both a day one guy and had a regular presence, but there's an ongoing lawsuit involving his mask being in merch.  Wonder if that'll keep him out.

Uno and Grayson also fit the mold of day one guys and as a huge Dark Order fan I hope they make it.  But I suspect they aren't in, simply because I'd have thought Uno would've begged for approval to play as himself on the stream by now.

• Like 3

Oh man, I know The Acclaimed got super hot probably fairly late into the development, but that's a HUGE omission if they're not Day 1. Good call on the Luchasaurus mask lawsuit too. 

I forgot how long ago Malakai hopped, so hopeful he's in. SCU (at least Daniels & Sky) feel like locks to me since Daniels is a key player backstage and Sky/Ego were a semi high profile act during the timeline we seem to be honing in on. Hell, Dan Lambert might make the cut!

Another potential legend inclusion: Jake Roberts. I know he's in WrestleQuest too, so I don't know if his 2K deal would necessarily prohibit him from the game? 

17 minutes ago, apsham said:

No word of a lie, being able to properly play as Eddie Kingston in a video game sells this for me.

I can't wait for the inevitable video someone puts together of King knocking the ever loving shit out of every roster member with the Spinning Backfist.

EDIT: I also really hope that there is an intro video like in Revenge where if you alter the worker's attire, that is reflected in the video.

Edited by Gabriel
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, zero said:

Looks like they got the memo

Per Uno on that stream: Kingston had a screenshot of an older build of the game without textures that was sent to him by Uno. He shared it last weekend on IG because he saw everyone else doing it.

So they didn’t fix anything about the model, it’s just that Eddie shared a screenshot from awhile ago that didn’t have textures. But it’s good that they got out there and set the record straight on his character.

Also they’re likely announcing the collector’s edition tomorrow.

• Like 2