AEW: Fight Forever

On 10/10/2023 at 10:44, michgcs said:

Would love to see some images of your C-Verse CAWs.

On 12/10/2023 at 06:56, K said:

everytime i see someone post a CAW it's always that one braided haircut or that one incredibly triangular beard

Hahaha. Unfortunately it's the best you can get with how bare bones it is. Had to work around it myself and suspend a lot of disbelief in CAW modes. 

20231018_220028.jpg

Had to do this for these. Liberty is not the Cverse Liberty (making him later) this is Captain Liberty I wanted to create after making them a user character in the CVerse 1997 mod on TEW 2020.

Nemesis just has this attire but a mask on and off variant. Wanted to give him a slasher style hockey mask as it seemed fitting with the influence of DAVE at the time, along with SkullDeBones. 

Rip Chord. Has the basic Ric Flair blue attire. Which I've used for his HGC 97 run. I'm going to create his Texas drinker and brawling attire from early career, HGC Slic Rip, Syndicate Boss attire and a lot more. He's modeled on Ric Flair for myself and influences of Texas Wrestlers from 1970s to 2000s. Added knee brace to signify his knee blow out and surgery before 97. 

Sam Strong has a few attires. Basic one is his early APWF/Chicago attire that it before he had the last name Strong and it was Stragavelli. Which is Italian colours. There's his basic red, white and blue attire as Strongamania hit the SWF. An alternative Red and Yellow and then Syndicate Sam Strong as an evil boss tyrant figure which was built into his Hollywood Sam Strong gimmick. There's also a black and white attire variant like Hollywood Hogan. 

Liberty will be next. As I want his American bleach blonde gimmick, his facepainted attire and then into The Crow Sting style. 

Only issue is the game has been crashing whenever I've tried to play it, and a bug where I ended up not being able to do anything in a tag team match. Still had a very fun tag team match with the four of them when I did get some time. 

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Looks like this is on Gamepass now

Oh awesome!

Edit: Hmm, not showing on my app. I'll have to check the actual Xbox. 

Edit 2: Not on the Xbox for me either. Weird. But I did find out my son downloaded Roblox, so I deleted that right quick. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

It says it's a free trial when I looked. I think it must be one of the occasional "Free Play Days" offerings you sometimes get with Game Pass.

That's a bingo.

AEW, UFC 5, Make Way and some One Piece game are the trials up through Jan 22nd. Gonna have to download this and give it a try over the weekend then.

Is the story mode worth bothering with? I gather there is an actual end to it, presumably there's just different stories you can run into on the way there?

For all the talk about the food stuff in Road to Elite, I wasn't quite prepared for how hard I would laugh at seeing that they even included a dietary preference selector at the start of the mode, right below difficulty.

Mostly just fucking around and looking at settings. Was interesting to see which wrestler themes for people who aren't in the game they included in the shop, wasn't expecting to see Maki Itoh's theme turn up. Got a laugh out of the fact that they couldn't shell out for either "Jane" or "Where Is My Mind?" so Orange Cassidy is back to that bad generic theme he had for his first year in AEW, not that I can really blame them (though I'm surprised they didn't just have Mikey Rukus churn out a "Jane" soundalike).

• Like 2