AEW: Fight Forever

9 minutes ago, FestiveJack said:

If it's locked behind a battle pass, as leaks indicated, then no, it was not going to be a free update.

the leaks indicated a free and premium battle pass for Stadium Stampede. Fortnite does the same thing. You don’t need to buy the battle pass to claim the free items on that track. Dead by Daylight and others do the same thing.

7 minutes ago, tristy said:

the leaks indicated a free and premium battle pass for Stadium Stampede. Fortnite does the same thing. You don’t need to buy the battle pass to claim the free items on that track. Dead by Daylight and others do the same thing.

Anything saying that Stadium Stampede is or was going to be a free update is pure speculation, and given how they've treated the game thus far, it was probably initially planned as a paid thing.

1 hour ago, FestiveJack said:

Anything saying that Stadium Stampede is or was going to be a free update is pure speculation, and given how they've treated the game thus far, it was probably initially planned as a paid thing.

I think it makes way more sense going by the patterns of AAA games to go "hey, here's this fun new mode for free (and here's how we work potential microtransactions into the deal)" than "here's this mode you have to pay to get." Particularly when that mode is essentially a battle royale game.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Your Mom said:

I think that Stadium Stampede looks really fun if you were playing it with friends but it's more likely you'll be playing against jerks who found the cheapest way possible to win

I'm hoping down the line they put in other modes with duos or trios because this is my big worry about it being single player.

if Fortnite has taught me anything, it’s that even in non-solo modes people will find a way to win with the cheapest way possible. It’s just the nature of online modes/games.

But I’ve had good experiences in Ranked Online for this game. Only encountered one CAW who spammed shit, everyone else has been just playing the game as intended. YMMV tho, obviously.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DYSI said:

What are you playing on? I haven't had too much trouble on PS5 when I've been on. 

Series X.

I've managed 4 matches since launch and have failed on about 20 attempts.

16 hours ago, tristy said:

if Fortnite has taught me anything, it’s that even in non-solo modes people will find a way to win with the cheapest way possible. It’s just the nature of online modes/games.

But I’ve had good experiences in Ranked Online for this game. Only encountered one CAW who spammed shit, everyone else has been just playing the game as intended. YMMV tho, obviously.

It's always the CAWs

• Like 1