AEW: Fight Forever

After having spent a couple of weeks with this, there are three things I really want to see them work on for content updates. Two of them, I believe are reasonable asks, and the other is a bit more of a long-shot.

#1: the creation suite. They NEED to add more content into the creation suite. We've been given 100 CAW slots, but I can't imagine myself needing more than 5 to 10 with what's available to use in-game. They've gotta add to it.

#2: customization of existing wrestlers. They sure made it sound like we'd be able to fully customize the in-game roster's attire. I don't even need anything overly crazy here. Add the ability to color-swap for existing wrestlers, and also the ability to use anything from the creation suite if we want to give them a completely different look. I want to put FTR in some long boi's.

#3: single player "season/GM/Universe" type mode. This is the long-shot, because it would be a fairly large update. Most games, when they add something that "big" for the players, will use it as the selling point of their next entry. I don't want to have to wait until the next AEW game to be able to have additional single player content. It's not the end of the world if it doesn't make it into Fight Forever by any means, as we all have imaginations and paper/pens or a computer we can build our own world in. I'm having a blast doing my own little tournaments and shit, but this would really help add value to the game and extend the life-span of the game for people who only play offline.

It doesn't even need to be anything crazy. Here Comes the Pain had a fantastic season mode with stories, and you could save your attribute changes, face/heel turns, records and title holders to carry over to your next new season.

If 1 and 2 get done, I have no doubt that I will be playing this game for a very long time. If they don't, it's still worth what I spent on it because it's something I can pick up and play for 30 to 60 minutes when I have some time to kill but can't commit the time needed to MLB The Show or whatever else I might be playing.

• Like 3

So I've only touched this once since the ps4 update. I created a character... started the entrance... couldn't be bothered to do a moveset... turned it off. I guess I just wasn't feeling at the time or since. I've transferred it to the secondary console just in case I want to play it.

May have to get this on Steam if the modding community keeps up like it is. 

Elsewhere, I’ve given up on online ranked play now. Nearly every match is against an overpowered shitty CAW that spams moves and abuses the game mechanics or you’re paired against a rage quitter that will disconnect as soon as you hit your signature to avoid the loss on their record. It started out so promising. 

• Sad 4

So it looks like the first DLC pack won't be coming out on 25 July like everyone thought but sometime in August/September. Supposedly the release date came from Nintendo e-shop and no date has ever been confirmed by THQ.

So far the only place they've discussed that is on their Discord. 

That may not go down well...

3 hours ago, Vamp said:

So it looks like the first DLC pack won't be coming out on 25 July like everyone thought but sometime in August/September. Supposedly the release date came from Nintendo e-shop and no date has ever been confirmed by THQ.

So far the only place they've discussed that is on their Discord. 

That may not go down well...

On the positive side, a trailer released recently showed a JAS red tights version of Jericho without the bandana around his neck and a guitar as a new weapon (Jarrett possibly incoming?) so it appears that are adding more alternate attires and updating the game.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IDOL said:

On the positive side, a trailer released recently showed a JAS red tights version of Jericho without the bandana around his neck and a guitar as a new weapon (Jarrett possibly incoming?) so it appears that are adding more alternate attires and updating the game.

IIRC I've gotten guitars from the crowd before...

• Sad 1

To be honest, if they did that people would also be unhappy about characters like Paul Wight and Wardlow and anyone with the bail out ability. And Omega. I'm not sure where you'd draw the line. You could nerf some of their abilities in online only I guess? I think if you did it in all modes wrestlers wouldn't feel as different. 

Plus, pretty sure they designed the game partly around the idea that you would take your CAW through the BTE mode so that they'd be harder to beat online. 

But also, you'd have to be a masochist to play an online ranked multiplayer anyway so...

Competitive online wrestling games are just never going to work anyways. It's just the nature of how these games play - even something as simple as throwing another person out of the ring puts you at a huge advantage when it comes to controlling the tempo of a match. Suddenly, everything that seems unfair or cheap that we accept about wrestling becomes something that makes ACTUALLY being competitive impossible when you put them in the frame of a video game.

• Like 3