AEW: Fight Forever

Wasn't there a report that AEW didn't really want a CAW mode and then changed their mind late in the day? 

I do find it funny that they included call names for so many people without adding in the parts needed to make anyone that looks even slightly like them. 

1 hour ago, Vamp said:

Wasn't there a report that AEW didn't really want a CAW mode and then changed their mind late in the day? 

I do find it funny that they included call names for so many people without adding in the parts needed to make anyone that looks even slightly like them. 

it's crazy because CAW mode was such a huge part of No Mercy, which they're trying to emulate. 

• Like 4

Feels like there were or are way too many cooks (too many cooks!) in the kitchen for the game's development and no clear path or vision. Lots of "This would be cool!" or "Let's be like the N64!" but no idea of what they actually wanted in the final product.

• Like 1

Yeah, this Stadium Stampede mode just isn’t it… control scheme is a nightmare and the wrestlers feel weightless to play. It’s hard to even land a hit. Should just be called “Fight Forever: Track and Field” because all you do is run 😂

• Haha 6

• 1 month later...

This has been fun to dip in and out of still. It's exactly what I thought it would be. Not the greatest. But fun to have a few quick matches when you want to game.

Decided to have a look at my stats anyway. Playing on medium have 86 wins and 12 loses. Mostly it has been 1 on 1 matches played by myself. Most used is CM Punk. :shifty: Used 29 times. 

Have created quite a few CVerse CAWS I wanted to use. Enjoyed fiddling with create an arena and made a few variations from high school gyms to Japan. 

Had a lot of fun matches. CM Punk and his war with Jack Perry was fun. Ended up trapping Punk in the world's most devastating move the surprise roll up. He became AEW Champion. Rematch he did it again. Punk lost the tag team match when he teamed with Christian Cage. This took it to another light's out match. Fire, barbed wire, thumbtacks and of all thing's glass stopped Jungle Boy from walking out with the belt, again. 

Enjoyed battling Ruby Soho as Kris Statlander. It became a war of respect. The same as Sam Strong's time battling The Hooded Kudo in Japan. It made it feel like a hard hitting stiff Japan brawl with trading blows, chops and power moves. Hit the Judas Effect which I use as Sam Strong's Strong Arm Tactic finisher to end several of those matches. 

Next step Tommy Cornell will be created. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, TheGrandAvatar said:

This has been fun to dip in and out of still. It's exactly what I thought it would be. Not the greatest. But fun to have a few quick matches when you want to game.

Decided to have a look at my stats anyway. Playing on medium have 86 wins and 12 loses. Mostly it has been 1 on 1 matches played by myself. Most used is CM Punk. :shifty: Used 29 times. 

Have created quite a few CVerse CAWS I wanted to use. Enjoyed fiddling with create an arena and made a few variations from high school gyms to Japan. 

Had a lot of fun matches. CM Punk and his war with Jack Perry was fun. Ended up trapping Punk in the world's most devastating move the surprise roll up. He became AEW Champion. Rematch he did it again. Punk lost the tag team match when he teamed with Christian Cage. This took it to another light's out match. Fire, barbed wire, thumbtacks and of all thing's glass stopped Jungle Boy from walking out with the belt, again. 

Enjoyed battling Ruby Soho as Kris Statlander. It became a war of respect. The same as Sam Strong's time battling The Hooded Kudo in Japan. It made it feel like a hard hitting stiff Japan brawl with trading blows, chops and power moves. Hit the Judas Effect which I use as Sam Strong's Strong Arm Tactic finisher to end several of those matches. 

Next step Tommy Cornell will be created. 

Would love to see some images of your C-Verse CAWs.

Playing this on the Steam Deck and it just sucks that there's currently a bug where there's no audio in the game :(

• Sad 1

On 10/10/2023 at 10:44, michgcs said:

Would love to see some images of your C-Verse CAWs.

Playing this on the Steam Deck and it just sucks that there's currently a bug where there's no audio in the game :(

Oh no. That does suck. You'd think they would be working on it. But considering how this game has been. Probably not. Do hope you can enjoy some of it even without audio. I will play anything. Even this heap of a mess. Yet. This is me who played the NSTC version of PS1 WWF Smackdown! In black and white, it was clearly a copy that the developers sent to a magazine review company. Funny what you remember at time's. 

Will get around to maybe posting some. I need to create some more and also fiddle with alternative attires. But I'm hoping to create The Black Serpent Cult, Sean McFly, Eric Tyler and Mr Lucha soon. 

10 hours ago, TheGrandAvatar said:

Oh no. That does suck. You'd think they would be working on it. But considering how this game has been. Probably not. Do hope you can enjoy some of it even without audio. I will play anything. Even this heap of a mess. Yet. This is me who played the NSTC version of PS1 WWF Smackdown! In black and white, it was clearly a copy that the developers sent to a magazine review company. Funny what you remember at time's. 

Will get around to maybe posting some. I need to create some more and also fiddle with alternative attires. But I'm hoping to create The Black Serpent Cult, Sean McFly, Eric Tyler and Mr Lucha soon. 

Sigh yup I'm not holding my breath lol It's been fun, if a little repetitive. Would've liked community creations 'cause some of the patchwork CAW's have been truly inspired

• Like 1