AEW: Fight Forever

Assuming there'll be future Seasons of DLC, who do we think will be added? I can see the Acclaimed, and the rest of House of Black and the JAS being added. 

I could also see them doing a season of RoH based stuff with Joe etc. 

I seem to be growing more interested in the game each week. Not only does it give me the No Mercy vibes, but also a cross with Smackdown HCTP. Both game's that I consider the best from year's back of playing them.

Hopefully it will be be great. I don't mind the graphics. Guess I'm used to how graphics have been for wrestling games, and I don't mind them. The recent 2K games put me off a little. But this seems to have that blocky model feel I've always been used too, and most of all nostalgic for. 

I'm all down for the silly weapons in it. A skateboard does look fun. Although I still want to be able to throw a snowball at someone at their winter themed event's.

Also maybe a glitch of when you do a taunt as Jon Moxley he just busts himself wide open. :lol:

Mini game?! Buying gasoline at the store as Eddie Kingston?! A meter that fills up of his rage and you've got to keep him less stressed so no one suspects it's to take to TV. I just want to smash people as Kingston. I used to love doing it with Austin. Kingston is the next best thing. 

• Like 2

I'd be perfectly content with a throwback style of game with simple graphics. In many ways, the industry's relentless push towards greater realism has been to the detriment of its products' overall charm.

Still, I won't be getting it at launch. There's still too much uncertainty as to its quality.

• Like 2

This implies that your CAWs will suck even in exhibition mode unless you take the time to train them up.  This could be polarizing depending on your personal preferences or what you planned to do with CAW mode.

Like I'm totally down for the idea of creating myself and having to start from the bottom in Road to the Elite, because I'm not a real wrestler.  The grind of going from an unknown to a star is fun, to build him would be rewarding.

But if I wanna add like 20 real life CAWs and I have guys like Okada being total jobbers unless I play through the same mode over and over, that might be another story.  I don't mind grinding for some games for replayability purposes, but there's a fine line where it could feel like a chore after a while.

My guess is there will be a way to unlock the ability to freely edit attributes, or, more skeptically, the ability to purchase an editor ala 2k.  Failing that there might be a HCTP-esque workaround where you can rank up one CAW and then copy them multiple times and turn the copies into whoever you want.

• Like 4

I think the first SvR did the same thing. And yeah, it's frustrating. Hopefully they'll realize it was a mistake and course correct.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TheGrandAvatar said:

I think the first Smackdown game had something similar. It was Pre-Season mode before you join the season mode. 

the very first smackdown game was the one where you made caws by mixing an existing head, torso, and legs right? that was fuckin shite.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, K said:

I think I remember making Taz by taking a bald guy and just darkening the skin color a little, but other than that you couldn't do shit with it

There was an option for Robot body parts. I made a bald headed guy wear the bottom part. Realised it looked like Wallace from Wallace and Gromit in The Wrong Trousers and just went it it. :lol:

• Haha 1

Johnny from New Legacy got to play a ladder match against Evil Uno

First and most important, it continues to look like chaotic fun.  You can just hear that these guys are having a blast fucking about in this game.

There seem to be a pretty significant amount of glitchy stuff going on with the weapons, which is worth keeping an eye on given that plunder matches are going to be very popular in this.

Weight detection makes an appearance in the video as Silver can’t lift Wight until he saves up for a special on the outside.

Uno continued to play up not being in the game, acting surprised that the creepers (in Silver's entrance) were in the game but not him.  Still hope he's hidden in there somehow but who knows.

Supposedly he did say in another stream that there's one unlockable left that he can't show.  I'd love if it were him but given that most of the "roster reveals" he's done on the AEW Games streams are revealing people who already got leaked by other places, it's probably Aubrey Edwards and he's just not been allowed to officially announce her as a playable character/show her wrestling yet.  It's certainly not a coincidence that she's wrestling a match right as this game is coming out.

• Like 2

On 15/06/2023 at 00:23, I Think You Should Busch said:

Johnny from New Legacy got to play a ladder match against Evil Uno

First and most important, it continues to look like chaotic fun.  You can just hear that these guys are having a blast fucking about in this game.

There seem to be a pretty significant amount of glitchy stuff going on with the weapons, which is worth keeping an eye on given that plunder matches are going to be very popular in this.

Weight detection makes an appearance in the video as Silver can’t lift Wight until he saves up for a special on the outside.

Uno continued to play up not being in the game, acting surprised that the creepers (in Silver's entrance) were in the game but not him.  Still hope he's hidden in there somehow but who knows.

Supposedly he did say in another stream that there's one unlockable left that he can't show.  I'd love if it were him but given that most of the "roster reveals" he's done on the AEW Games streams are revealing people who already got leaked by other places, it's probably Aubrey Edwards and he's just not been allowed to officially announce her as a playable character/show her wrestling yet.  It's certainly not a coincidence that she's wrestling a match right as this game is coming out.

Ok that looked like a lot of fun.  i don't even watch AEW but I might buy this game

• Like 2

I'll be pretty disappointed if the collision detection is as bad as that Big Show/Silver match but they've made a load of daft mini games. Especially given I still own No Mercy and multiple Mario Party's...

• Like 3