AEW: Fight Forever

13 hours ago, 9 to 5 said:

It honestly sounds a bit of a mess of a game but one that will be much better down the line. Not having CAW and half the roster coming out later as paid DLC is a real kick in the teeth for me.

wait, i thought it did have CAW, but it didn't have like a online portal where you could find other people's CAWs and just download them? Like you could build them the old fashioned way, you just coudn't import others.

No CAW is kinda a deal breaker for me.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, K said:

wait, i thought it did have CAW, but it didn't have like a online portal where you could find other people's CAWs and just download them? Like you could build them the old fashioned way, you just coudn't import others.

No CAW is kinda a deal breaker for me.

My understanding is the same as yours. What I've read makes it sound like CAW will be included, but that we won't be able to just upload and download through a server. More of an old school approach where we have to find the formulas online or play around on our own.

The custom list of features is a bit foggy, but I still think we get a regular (not very detailed) CAW.

• Custom Wrestlers (attire and appearance)

Is what it officially says. It's either assuming that we're going to be able to customize the existing wrestlers, or that we're going to have able to do some very basic CAW stuff. Guess at some point they've preview the suite of creation features and we'll know for sure.

1 minute ago, apsham said:

The custom list of features is a bit foggy, but I still think we get a regular (not very detailed) CAW.

• Custom Wrestlers (attire and appearance)

Is what it officially says. It's either assuming that we're going to be able to customize the existing wrestlers, or that we're going to have able to do some very basic CAW stuff. Guess at some point they've preview the suite of creation features and we'll know for sure.

I really hope that we can customize all the existing wrestlers, and just like in the n64 games, I want our customized attires to be what they're wearing in the game intro video.

Nothing like Hogan doing his nWo schtick at the beginning of Revenge in hot pink.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, tristy said:

Treat this with a grain of salt, but the current rumor is that the game is going to launch day one on Game Pass.

While that's really cool news, I very much prefer playing games on the playstation. So now I have to decide between PS Plus and just buying Fight Forever outright... or cancelling my PS Plus and grabbing Game Pass and dusting off the ol' Xbone.

I feel like it's probably better for me to just bite the bullet and get the game on PS4, because I don't really even have the time to play the stuff that's on Plus that I want to... and I play these games religiously if I get into them. Hell, I'm still playing MLB The Show 20 on a daily basis.

Does anyone know if the PS4 version will be the same as the PS5? A few years ago I had to upgrade to the PS4 because the PS3 version of that years NBA game didn't have all of the features and I'm wondering if I'd have to do the same now.

16 minutes ago, KJE said:

Does anyone know if the PS4 version will be the same as the PS5? A few years ago I had to upgrade to the PS4 because the PS3 version of that years NBA game didn't have all of the features and I'm wondering if I'd have to do the same now.

My understanding is that they built the game to be played the same on all platforms, knowing that the upgrade ratio from last-gen to current-gen isn't as high as the previous generation switch.

I still have yet to see a PS5 inside of a store. I have seen the Xbox Series S at London Drugs, but nowhere else.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

My understanding is that they built the game to be played the same on all platforms, knowing that the upgrade ratio from last-gen to current-gen isn't as high as the previous generation switch.

I still have yet to see a PS5 inside of a store. I have seen the Xbox Series S at London Drugs, but nowhere else.

Thank you! I don't play video games all that much anymore but I'm quite excited for this one.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Hellraiser said:

Have they revealed whether this game will have community creations or not?

They have not, to my knowledge.

Leaning into the retro idea though, if creations are closer to No Mercy than WWE2k, we'll be fine without it. Just go back to the old school of going to websites for the formulas.