UEFA Women's EURO England 2022

Lineker

Congrats! Didn't watch any of it but nice to know they won, whenever I've seen any of the interviews etc they just seem like a really nice group of people 

On 29/07/2022 at 11:35, Lineker said:

I was literally about to say the goalkeeping seems way better despite there not being many giants in goal. Glasgow City exploit 'weak' goalkeepers constantly.

Well done England, wasn't an easy final to win either. Well deserved. Gives me hope that one day football will indeed come home.

24 minutes ago, damhausen said:

Congrats to all the England supporters here. A well deserved win and one that will surely forever alter the trajectory of women's sports in England.

It will if those in charge pull their fingers out. They have made a right mess of the domestic game over the last ten years.

Amazing achievement, England truly deserve it over the course of the tournament. Really emotional stuff to see us lift the trophy and see what it means to all those women involved in English football.

• Like 3

My club currently has 40 boys teams and 25 girls teams. I reckon within five years, we'll have more girls teams than boys.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Adam said:

It will if those in charge pull their fingers out. They have made a right mess of the domestic game over the last ten years.

Amazing achievement, England truly deserve it over the course of the tournament. Really emotional stuff to see us lift the trophy and see what it means to all those women involved in English football.

Hopefully this has a big impact on a generation of kids growing up seeing that the women have achieved what they have done. 

Hopefully this is a big boost for the women's game in this country. More games on TV, more funding, boost for the crowds etc. 

I remember taking my mum to see the women's derby and it was a really nice day. I know my niece has gotten more into football over the past year and I'll definetly have to try and get her tickets for the LFC womens match at Anfield this season 

I think I'm more happier for the Women winning this then I would have been if the men won. The crowds just a different kettle of fish compared to the England men's team 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chris2K said:

Winning a tournament is one thing, but I've found the real challenge is qualifying for the next World Cup. 

Top of their group by 5 points, 2 games remaining. One against second place that a point will see them through and one against Luxembourg, who they beat 10-0 away.

I mean things can obviously go wrong but I think they should be okay!

10 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

I think I'm more happier for the Women winning this then I would have been if the men won. The crowds just a different kettle of fish compared to the England men's team 

Same. And they did it as interest nationally in the women's game reached its highest peak yet, not in the years  where the game was criminally underfunded/flew under the radar. It's the perfect boost and the women's game in England will be in the mainstream forever now.

I'm also far more interested in attending women's games over men's going forward too; again the crowds are better (...for now...). Attracting so many new fans, without the generational baggage of what a typical fan should be and how they should behave, it's a nice atmosphere (again, ...for now)

• Like 2

I’ve been planning on getting to more football this year and will absolutely be prioritising women’s football.

My nearest WSL team is Leicester and no Championship team nearby but Derby play just around the corner in the 3rd tier and just missed out on promotion last year, so will try to get by to watch them as much as I can.

And the Luxembourg game is on Stoke so have got tickets for that as well.