The January Transfer Window - 2023

Baddar

1 hour ago, FLiam said:

Jorginho to Arsenal complete. £10m plus £2m in add-ons.

I guess it makes sense. Will be good to give Partey a breather at the end of “easier” games where we’re ahead. Plus he will be useful in the Europa League.

Or if Partey ends up going to prison where he belongs 🤷

• Like 3

Matt Doherty's contract with Tottenham has been terminated so he can join Atletico Madrid on a free transfer, because Spurs are already at the max number of players on international loan. One last chance for Tanguy Ndombele's existence to bum me out.

3 hours ago, King Ellis said:

I seem to recall you trying to get something going about a Leeds player at one point, Phillips maybe?

I think it was Mowatt actually, probably to Norwich cos that was definitely plausible at the time

Forest have secured Navas on loan with Henderson injured, as well as Felipe because they need another CB apparently!

Bournemouth somehow landed Zabarnyi at the back and also Hamed Traore on loan from Sassuolo. Two great signings I think!

Southampton made signings too! Sulemana is supposed to be a great prospect on the wing.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, GoGo Yubari said:

Matt Doherty's contract with Tottenham has been terminated so he can join Atletico Madrid on a free transfer, because Spurs are already at the max number of players on international loan. One last chance for Tanguy Ndombele's existence to bum me out.

Any idea how many years left he had on his contract? He could have fetched a decent fee at some point, surely?

I'm not sure Everton are going to win another game this season.

Already the worst team in the league, sold their best prospect and signed absolutely nobody in the entire month of January.

I fear mightily for what will happen next season in the Championship.

11 minutes ago, Adam said:

Already the worst team in the league, sold their best prospect and signed absolutely nobody in the entire month of January.

Madness you've not signed anyone but you won't concede as many with Dyche over Lampard. I don't think you're as doomed as some are making out but it will depend how many 1-0s you get rather than 0-0, 0-1 or 1-1

Swansea City have failed to flog Morgan Whittaker to Rangers, a move they desperately wanted to do. Rangers wouldn't pay more than 2 million for him.

Given that he was only recalled to Swansea so they could try to sell him, and now they've signed Karlan Grant too, his parent club have thoroughly derailed his career and he's gone from being a key part of Plymouth Argyle's team to likely not seeing another minute of competitive football this season.

11 minutes ago, FestiveJack said:

Swansea City have failed to flog Morgan Whittaker to Rangers, a move they desperately wanted to do. Rangers wouldn't pay more than 2 million for him.

Given that he was only recalled to Swansea so they could try to sell him, and now they've signed Karlan Grant too, his parent club have thoroughly derailed his career and he's gone from being a key part of Plymouth Argyle's team to likely not seeing another minute of competitive football this season.

Well, the Grant move collapsed so his chances of game time have dramatically increased. 

But hey, we've also probably infuriated Whittaker after this window, the same one in which we shipped Michael Obafemi away because he had enough and refused to play. Fair to say, atmosphere isn't the best here.

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Losing Richarlison and Gordon in the space for six months and replacing neither is a little bit o_O

6 hours ago, FLiam said:

Losing Richarlison and Gordon in the space for six months and replacing neither is a little bit o_O

You've got to think Dyche was told he'd get players, his interview certainly suggested so. They struggled enough last season, it'll take something to keep them up this year.