The January Transfer Window - 2023

Baddar

I'm not completely sure what happened with Jorginho but sure seems like the combined forces of playing with Kante at Chelsea and Bonucci/Chiellini with Italy made him appear much greater than he really is.

I do assume for Arsenal this is a matter of just wanting someone older who will accept a substitute role with the reward being a shot at another trophy. But it's still weird because I assume they could've done much better to address that need.

• Like 1

Regardless of Jorginho's limited qualities, he has started both of our last two games in central midfield. If he leaves and Boehly's mad Enzo Fernandez gambit doesn't materialise, then it's going to be fun trying to figure out who the fuck plays on Friday.

Sambi Lokonga to Palace on loan looks like it’s complete. Good move for him I think. 

2 hours ago, FestiveJack said:

James Ward-Prowse to United has been slashed from 25/1 to 3/1 and I've not seen a single rumour about it.

I saw DrBenjy the FM guy tweet about this and it got a lot of attention, wouldn’t surprise me if some bookies picked up on this for some reason.

A few of the FM YouTube guys seem to be tweeting made-up deadline day deals, I presume to see which can pick up traction. Pretty funny in fairness. Reminds me of a player that someone made up years ago on deadline day and it hit some national newspapers websites. 

Everton reportedly interested in Michy Batshuyai. 

I’ve lost count of how many clubs he’s played for now. Isn’t Everton one of the clubs he played for at some point and did nothing? Much like most of his loans?

Also, Ayoze Perez has joined Real Betis on loan from Leicester.

• Like 1

Batshuyai has told Everton to get on their bike apparently. Only deals that look on for them, that I've seen, is this Zaniolo chap who sounds like a nightmare (we were briefly linked despite the fact we need anything but another winger-cum-10) and some striker from Reading

Also didn't we make up a rumour a few years back that picked up some traction? I feel like that's a thing we did once 

27 minutes ago, Matt said:

Batshuyai has told Everton to get on their bike apparently. Only deals that look on for them, that I've seen, is this Zaniolo chap who sounds like a nightmare (we were briefly linked despite the fact we need anything but another winger-cum-10) and some striker from Reading

Also didn't we make up a rumour a few years back that picked up some traction? I feel like that's a thing we did once 

I seem to recall you trying to get something going about a Leeds player at one point, Phillips maybe?

25 minutes ago, Matt said:

image.jpeg

• Like 2