The January Transfer Window - 2023

Baddar

• Admin

I would imagine that it's more the principle of it all. Changing the terms once you've shaken hands on the agreement. Ultimately though we aren't at the negotiation table and are not privy to exactly what's gone on. I think that common sense should prevail at the end of the day.

That's so bizarre with Cancelo. He pretty much was first choice every match until the World Cup it felt like, and ever since then it's Ake at LB and Walker or Lewis at RB. No idea what caused Pep to lose that much faith in him. He's got defensive issues, but he more than made up for it going forward.

Sporting changing details of a move last minute is absolutely hilarious to me because that seems exactly like the kind of thing Levy would do to somebody!

Changing terms after something has been agreed upon is usually a way to squeeze a little more out of the party you're negotiating with; especially as this has been all-but-announced and the player wants to make the move. Sporting aren't trying to look better here, they're just trying to force Spurs to pay a little bit more.

1 minute ago, Baddar said:

Wonder if Pep will try to get Porro back now. It's been a window of hijackings.

Wonder if he counts as a HG of any kind for them! Was there, but I think was on loan in other countries the whole time! Still, I can't see it happening since Walker/Lewis is a pretty clear RB rotation right now. 

12 minutes ago, Lineker said:

This is arguably also true!

Someone had to say it! Did Sporting possibly just play a blinder!?

3 hours ago, damhausen said:

Changing terms after something has been agreed upon is usually a way to squeeze a little more out of the party you're negotiating with; especially as this has been all-but-announced and the player wants to make the move. Sporting aren't trying to look better here, they're just trying to force Spurs to pay a little bit more.

Well they aren’t trying to get less from them.

Edited by Twist

Either way it doesn't seem very.... sporting.

I don't understand why we keep loaning out Gil, he's doing well enough but if he's going to be successful in England he needs to play more in England, not keep reverting back to how he plays in Spain.

2 hours ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

Leeds signing someone to maybe help out defensively!? Tactical masterclass from Jesse Marsch!

He's being signed for the under 21s. Injury crisis aside I'd be surprised if he makes more than a couple of cameo sub appearances

2 hours ago, Lineker said:

I like Gallagher but I'd take this deal. I know we're short on central midfielders, Gallagher just isn't the answer to that issue beyond squad coverage, which is potentially solved by Kante/RLC returning from injury and Andrey Santos finally joining up with the squad.

Funds from this might also be directed straight into any Enzo Fernandez deal, which would certainly be an upgrade.