The January Transfer Window - 2023

Baddar

27m for a player experienced in the league is good deal for me, they'll get 3-4 years out of him.and it buys them time to go all in for another younger option.

There'll be Arsenal fans looking at the age of him but honestly I think it's a great deal, especially considering what Mudryk cost Chelsea.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brandon Cutler Fan Account said:

27m for a player experienced in the league is good deal for me, they'll get 3-4 years out of him.and it buys them time to go all in for another younger option.

There'll be Arsenal fans looking at the age of him but honestly I think it's a great deal, especially considering what Mudryk cost Chelsea.

Agreed - he’s more likely to hit the ground running as well. No adaptation required. I saw someone make a good comparison that he’s like a Shaqiri signing for us, will never be a week-in-week-out starter but he’ll definitely be valuable when he’s needed.

Would still like us to add a midfielder but I can’t see that happening until the summer. We have to hope we avoid injuries in that area.

8 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Athletic reporting that Chelsea have had a £55m bid for Caicedo rejected.

I read £65m rejected somewhere else.

A strange transfer for Chelsea in that in looks like one Potter would like rather than one that's been thought up by a hedge fund manager scrolling through twitter while sat on the loo. But maybe I'm just jumping to that conclusion because a) Brighton and b) OMG an actual central midfielder and not a 20th winger??

But either way I have no faith that anyone at the club has a firm grasp of what the squad actually needs, so whatever.

NB. Auto-correcting "jumping to that conclusion" to "jumping to that confusion" was excellent work by my phone. A+.

Chris Wood is undergoing his medical to become Forest signing number 341 for this season. Great little stop gap signing, weakened one of our at the time relegation rivals and filled in nicely during Wilsons long injury last season. Good luck to him.

Reports are now saying that we expect to finalise the signing of right-back Ivan Fresneda from Real Valladolid within the next week. A young right-back.

Elsewhere, we are exploring the opportunity of bringing in Eduardo Camavinga on loan from Real Madrid. Can’t see it happening though.

Chelsea have signed so many players that this one was somehow missed, I think! Haven't seen the fee anywhere, but I'm sure Chelsea have overpaid for him. Very injury prone player who has I believe only played a full 90 minutes 5 times in 4 years. 

*Edit* Apparently it was €35m