The January Transfer Window - 2023

Baddar

Thing is though it's twice now that Everton sacked a manager right near the end of the window leaving the new manager with no time to say I want to bring in such and such. 

Least this time I suppose Lampard hasn't fell out with someone, sold them then been sacked as I imagine even if he was gone earlier Gordon would have downed his tools still and refuse to turn up until he got his move. 

8 hours ago, Matt said:

Madness you've not signed anyone but you won't concede as many with Dyche over Lampard. I don't think you're as doomed as some are making out but it will depend how many 1-0s you get rather than 0-0, 0-1 or 1-1

The problem is, our attacking ranks are almost non-existent. Calvert-Lewin cannot stay fit, Maupay doesn't score goals and Ellis Simms only looks to be Championship standard. Then we've sold Gordon, leaving the creativity behind the strikers boiling down to just Demarai Gray and Dwight McNeil.

Dyche will be a true miracle worker if he can turn that into something capable of winning games.

8 hours ago, FestiveJack said:

Eoghan O'Connell, a starter for Charlton in almost all of their games in League One this season, has joined Wrexham for an undisclosed fee.

Hmm. Paging the FA Cup thread!

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Someone at the BBC isn't happy.

@Lineker's new dad sleep deprivation has finally sent him over the edge.

8 hours ago, Matt said:

Madness you've not signed anyone but you won't concede as many with Dyche over Lampard. I don't think you're as doomed as some are making out but it will depend how many 1-0s you get rather than 0-0, 0-1 or 1-1

Where are the goals coming from? Anthony Gordon is their 2nd top scorer this season with 3 and Conor Coady, who famously never crosses the halfway line unless it's a corner, is 3rd with 2 goals.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Colly said:

I can't decide if that's a very Everton transfer, or whether it only becomes a very Everton transfer when he turns them down.

It's now become a very Everton and Forest transfer story.

1 minute ago, FLiam said:

I know it’s a running joke and all - but aren’t Forest awash with attacking players already? 

Awoniyi, Lingard and Gibbs-White are injured, while Dennis hasn't really done anything to justify his place. Surridge isn't really up to Premier League standard and Wood looks well short of match fitness.

16 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Awoniyi, Lingard and Gibbs-White are injured, while Dennis hasn't really done anything to justify his place. Surridge isn't really up to Premier League standard and Wood looks well short of match fitness.

Ah fair enough. Didn’t realise they had a bunch of injuries.

I don’t think Andre Ayew is any good though.