General Television Thread 2023

They should be able to cast voice actors who can do those voices if they want to. From what I've seen Rick and Morty fans say Roiland has had very little to do with the writing lately so it might not actually change that much.

• Like 1

They'll get sounds close enough people, maybe make an episode or gag about their voices not quite bring normal, and get on with things. I'm more concerned about the loss of Roiland's improv ability than his actual voice, but still glad they aren't keeping him around for now.

Fuck it, hire Michael J Fox and Christopher Lloyd.

• Like 1

I kinda forgot Roiland did both voices. Then again Ive not watch the show in years.

Listened to Paul  F Tompkins on a podcast lately saying he did a voice on the show but he has never seen it. So now i think PFT should get the job under the provision that he never actually watch the show

• Like 2

On 06/01/2023 at 18:54, Benji said:

I really hate that I can't go back and watch Smallville. Yes, it was dumb CW drama and wasn't the height of TV, but it was dumb fun and a good interpretation of the Superman mythos for the most part. Probably the last one that felt genuine to how Superman should be. Stupid Chloe and Lana actresses being gross sex traffickers makes it impossible for me to rewatch, especially since Chloe was my favourite.

I thought it was generally accepted that while Kristin Kreuk was recruited into the group (by Alisson Mack), she was never a part of any of the sex stuff, and left the group as well. But maybe that's changed?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

I thought it was generally accepted that while Kristin Kreuk was recruited into the group (by Alisson Mack), she was never a part of any of the sex stuff, and left the group as well. But maybe that's changed?

Ah well that's good to know, I wasn't aware of that. Still, stupid Chloe/Alisson Mack :(

2 minutes ago, Benji said:

Ah well that's good to know, I wasn't aware of that. Still, stupid Chloe/Alisson Mack :(

I still can rewatch Smallville, but I understand why you may not be able to. I've looked at it as when Smallville was starting, she was still very young and not affiliated with the cult. I'm not sure if that really holds up by the end of the show, of course, but she's not a series regular by the last season.

5 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

They should be able to cast voice actors who can do those voices if they want to. From what I've seen Rick and Morty fans say Roiland has had very little to do with the writing lately so it might not actually change that much.

Of note, Adult Swim does those "look inside the episode" after every Rick & Morty episode and he hasn't been in any of them. That, uh, says a lot about his creative involvement.

I suppose on the other hand, Solar Opposites is probably done for.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, damhausen said:

Of note, Adult Swim does those "look inside the episode" after every Rick & Morty episode and he hasn't been in any of them. That, uh, says a lot about his creative involvement.

I suppose on the other hand, Solar Opposites is probably done for.

Those poor people in the wall…

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Benji said:

Three episodes into Our Flag Means Death. Very much enjoying it. Don't think it's lived up to hype level so far but it's still very good, and it may just be that I've not hit the point it does live up to the hype yet

It took us until about the three quarter mark for my partner and I to really fall in love with it, but it's not like it drags or anything in the lead-up to that. We found the same thing with Community when we started watching that. The first few episodes were enjoyable enough, but eventually something just hit and it became a favorite. Now, those earlier episodes are actually funnier to watch than on our first viewing.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gabriel said:

It took us until about the three quarter mark for my partner and I to really fall in love with it, but it's not like it drags or anything in the lead-up to that. We found the same thing with Community when we started watching that. The first few episodes were enjoyable enough, but eventually something just hit and it became a favorite. Now, those earlier episodes are actually funnier to watch than on our first viewing.

Getting into it and 100% getting gay vibes from Stede and Teach, which was supposedly rumoured in reality from what I remember. If I'm right, I hope they use this song at some point because it's one of my all time favourites:

7 hours ago, Benji said:

Getting into it and 100% getting gay vibes from Stede and Teach, which was supposedly rumoured in reality from what I remember. If I'm right, I hope they use this song at some point because it's one of my all time favourites:

Think it was episode 4 or 5 that the show finally really clicked for me.  I thought it was just OK before that, but yea, the relationship between Stede and Blackbeard really upped the show

• Like 1

Been watching Bad Sisters and it's been great so far! Very funny and well written. The "big bad" seems over the top in how much we're meant to hate him, but otherwise it's worth watching.