Summer Transfer Window 2023

Lineker

That feels like a dangerous game with Maguire, it's plain for the whole world to see that Utd don't want him so they're naturally going to get low balled. Plus he's only got, according to Google, 2 years left on his contract. There's going to be a point where you price people out and they just say "Okay, I'm sure your reserve team is going to have fun with it's 80m white elephant in it's defence. We'll just go get someone cheaper."

Like, what are they holding out for, 30m? 40m?

2 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Arsenal are in for Raya which is a little surprising, but having 2 quality keepers can't hurt. Hardest part would be keeping both happy.

This is weird to me. I know Arteta can be ruthless but this is still a wild rumour. Can’t have two £30m (plus) goalkeepers in the same squad, surely?

• Admin

Mauricio Pochettino says new signing Lesley Ugochukwu may go on loan after the midfielder joined Chelsea for 27m euros (£23.2m) from Rennes.

Ugochukwu has signed a seven-year deal but Pochettino has not yet decided the Frenchman's immediate future.

The 19-year-old has made 47 Ligue 1 appearances for Rennes and has also featured in the Europa League.

The main part of this Ugochukwu thing that amuses me is that supposedly he was Brighton's target too.

Well, on the one hand that makes sense since we have their former Head of Scouting as our Sporting Director - he probably has notes on a tonne of the same players.

But on the other, I just find joy in potentially screwing Brighton over at this point.

12 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

But on the other, I just find joy in potentially screwing Brighton over at this point.

This is a strong entry in the "Sentences from a Chelsea fan that would have been absurd just a couple of years ago" contest.

• Haha 4