Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just out of interest, has anyone ever been approached by another team to become their manager? I'm just curious because I'm going to quit as England manager after Euro 2008 and I wanna know if I'm going to have to apply for the jobs instead of them offering them to me. Doesn't matter, just curious.

Groovy...reason I asked is because I was planning on staying with Wolves, but then the Aston Villa job became available and I took it (they had £13m transfer fees, who am I to say no? :)), but I got bored after three games and quit. Wolves still don't have a manager like, 5/6 months after I quit, but they don't want me back :(. I won't take a job outside of the top...uh...two. :)

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Allow me to be the first to say it'll probably suck on the PSP, much like it'd suck on a normal games console, it needs PC options, like updates and patches and shit like that, and screen thats big enough to do the game justice.

Gotta say, the manager contracts look fantastic. I've been waiting for them for years as well. More realism is awesome. I'm really looking forward to this.

Allow me to be the first to say it'll probably suck on the PSP, much like it'd suck on a normal games console, it needs PC options, like updates and patches and shit like that, and screen thats big enough to do the game justice.

You will be able to update I'm presuming, thanks to the PSP having Wi-Fi.

:)

...and USB, Bluetooth and Infrared...

I just looked at the screenies.... :D

Part time training! FINALLY! Anything that makes LLM more realistic is fine with me. Training looks a LOT simpler too, which is always good.

Team Talks look a good starting point, and hey...the SI forum "faithful" need SOMETHING to bitch that there isn't enough of...

DMR/L has been replaced with Wingback I see. Good good... I heard that FL and FR have been removed too. Yay. Although that makes FC even more pointless...

ST replaced SC aswell, which was another one I found funny.

The Media seems to have...how do I explain it..."more ways to say stuff" too. Which is always good, and it looks like the game is more aware of what's going on (it calls Juventus "Italian giants" and PSV "Dutch heavyweights", for example).

Referee's have stats~! I've been waiting for that. I wonder if they have attributes...like, for how harsh they are, how much they like giving out cards, etc... I get the impression the "set nickname" feature will be heavily used for referees ¬_¬

Player Interaction seems to have improved a lot (i.e, there actually is some now!)

I like the positions screen. Good idea :thumbsup:

MANAGER CONTRACTS! YES!@ Best. Feature. Ever.

:wub:

Edited by TheReilDeal

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Seems to be a few basic changes which will always start the 'Im not going to pay to update' arguements amongst the cheap members of society, but we've learned to live with that with the CM series, I like the fact that the updates are subtle.

Obviously we'll all be getting it eventually.

I'll buy FM2006 on PSP and PC. For two reasons. Sports Interactive games are not a big money hungry company and actually listen and talk to their fans, which is great, especially when you read the forums. The other reason is because FM is fucking awesome and I'm willing to pay £20+ for a game so good each year.

FM06 looks quality. I love the way they had simple training in the old games, went to a more sophisticated system and they are now going back to a simple one. I dont think the PSP version will be anything special, it will just be as good as any other management game I reckon, so I will give that a miss. It wouldnt be the same playing FM/CM on a little screen in your hands, you need to be able to sit there and get angry when something goes your way. I wouldnt trust myself not to throw the PSP out the window when I let in that 90th minute goal, and I WILL let that goal in, mark my words.