2005 MLB Thread

Cole

There's this thing on the website for all the teams that shows you pitch-by-pitch what is happening in the games. I think it's called GameDay or something like that. It's not live action or anything, but it is a pitch by pitch account of the game, as it's happening. Not much, but I can't afford FSNY so that's how I get my Mets fix when they aren't on WB or MSG.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Florida Cub

Yeah, sucks that Gameday's the closest thing to live baseball. It can be pretty slow, which is frustrating sometimes.

Anyways, I think the Cubs are in for a good season this year. Had a bit of a scare with Woody and Prior in the preseason, but I have a gut feeling that they'll be relatively injury free in 2005. If Zambo's first two starts are any indication as to how he'll pitch the rest of the season, he's gonna have another nasty year. Prior makes his season debut tomorrow, so that should be interesting. Any thoughts on the situation in the NL Central?

Guest Bluesman

Ouch...Wood is getting knocked around, it's 4-0 in the first with 1 out, as he just threw the ball 15 feet to the RF side of first base. Before the game the announcers were going on and on about the wind and how this would be a great setting for a pitcher.

Guest Florida Cub

Ouch...Wood is getting knocked around, it's 4-0 in the first with 1 out, as he just threw the ball 15 feet to the RF side of first base. Before the game the announcers were going on and on about the wind and how this would be a great setting for a pitcher.

The Mets came from behind again which was great. I took special delight in seeing Franco blow yet another one, prick.

The Yanks/Sawx game almost got overshadowed by Sheffield getting into it with a fan in right field when Boston went ahead in the 8th. It was somewhat reminiscent of the way the incident in the Palace started earlier this year. All in all, it was a good day.

The Mets came from behind again which was great. I took special delight in seeing Franco blow yet another one, prick.

The Yanks/Sawx game almost got overshadowed by Sheffield getting into it with a fan in right field when Boston went ahead in the 8th. It was somewhat reminiscent of the way the incident in the Palace started earlier this year. All in all, it was a good day.

Great performance by Roy Halladay tonight. First complete game of the year, 5 hits, 9 k's and only 1 run, coupled with some clutch small ball by the boys put them past Texas 2-1. I'm still apprehensive about the 2005 Jays, but it's been a good first ten games.

Hell of a performance from Heilman. Mets fans have been waiting a long time for a game like this from him and he finally comes through. The Mets are in great shape now. Pedro should easily outpitch "The Senator" Al Leiter tomorrow. Pedro's home opener with the Mets.....look for him to go all out.

How about them O's knocking around the Yanks tonight.

Yeah, it looks like there is hope for Heilman after all. He's been shit kicked quite a few times, but his outing tonight really showed what he is capable of. Wow, my Mets are a really fucking exciting team to watch this season. It might not be homerun after homerun, but damn these games will keep you on the edge of your seat... even if you are just watching that gameday thing on mlb.com

You can argue that the Yanks were lucky to get that one game against Baltimore last week as they saved the pitching with one big inning. After the first couple of games, I never would have guessed that the Mets would be 5-5 after 10, and that the Yankees would be fortunate to only be 4-6. If Johnson or Moose gets hurt for any length of time their whole season could go down the shitter in a hurry given that Pavano, Wright and Brown are highly overrated and overpaid.

I really wish I could watch these damned Mets games on TV instead of frantically clicking refresh on either MLB's site or sportsline's. We do get tomorrow's game though, so that should be cool. I expect Leiter to throw about 115 pitches through 5 innings, give up 2-3 runs on 4-5 hits and walk 4. You know, typical Al. Thank God he's not on my squad anymore :thumbsup:

You can argue that the Yanks were lucky to get that one game against Baltimore last week as they saved the pitching with one big inning. After the first couple of games, I never would have guessed that the Mets would be 5-5 after 10, and that the Yankees would be fortunate to only be 4-6. If Johnson or Moose gets hurt for any length of time their whole season could go down the shitter in a hurry given that Pavano, Wright and Brown are highly overrated and overpaid.

I really wish I could watch these damned Mets games on TV instead of frantically clicking refresh on either MLB's site or sportsline's. We do get tomorrow's game though, so that should be cool. I expect Leiter to throw about 115 pitches through 5 innings, give up 2-3 runs on 4-5 hits and walk 4. You know, typical Al. Thank God he's not on my squad anymore :thumbsup:

There's nothing worse for a control pitcher like Ted Lilly to not be able to hit those corners. It was a 4-2 final and he was only responsible for 3 of those runs (Brandon League was surprisingly good in relief), but Ted had a rough night. Jays offense couldn't get going tonight, and when they were close to getting something started in the 8th, Vernon Wells crapped it up again. 7-4 record now, which is still good but it's concerning to see a starter struggle when we've got the iffy bullpen of ours.

Yeah, the Yanks definitely have major issues. Tino's looked terrible. Giambi can't field. Bernie is pretty much done. A-Rod can't handle a major situation against the Red Sox. The bullpen's been terrible. The SP is overrated.

Yeah, the Yanks definitely have major issues. Tino's looked terrible. Giambi can't field. Bernie is pretty much done. A-Rod can't handle a major situation against the Red Sox. The bullpen's been terrible. The SP is overrated.

You couldn't be anymore dead on there. The Yankees are really beginning to look their age.

Back to Heilman for a second though. Something tells me that he knew this was basically his last chance to get it right. Hopefully Rick Peterson isn't done with him yet, and he keeps improving.

Edited by Treyu