Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I checked Serebii earlier for version exclusives to determine which I'd get.

Donphan and Ursaring have switched versions. Donphan's Heart Gold exclusive, and Ursaring's Soul Silver exclusive.

Definitely getting Soul Silver now.

I'll be getting SoulSilver plainly because I got Silver the first run around. I'm really looking forward to this because it basically controlled a year of my childhood. I can't wait for the rush of nostalgia when I see Miltank, think lol pink cow and then look on in horror as he promptly rapes my starter in one move. It'll be awesome!

I'll be getting SoulSilver plainly because I got Silver the first run around. I'm really looking forward to this because it basically controlled a year of my childhood. I can't wait for the rush of nostalgia when I see Miltank, think lol pink cow and then look on in horror as he promptly rapes my starter in one move. It'll be awesome!

This. I'll be getting HeartGold just because I bought Gold when it first came out. Logic would say I should get SoulSilver because it would be something different but logic can go to hell.

It suddenly strikes me that I've never played both versions of a generation except Red/Blue. I went with Blue first, then played my brother's Red after we both beat our games, after that I got Gold, Ruby and Diamond (I also got Platinum but that like Yellow (which I also got at some point), you weren't given an other choice to go with it). So there are proberly some pokemon I've never encountered because of this.

Okay this might have something to do with the fact that Red/Blue was the only generation that me and my brother both played while we both lived at home but I always meant to buy both games of a generation to see what the differences were but never got round to it

Edited by Hugobombski
  • Like 1

I think at this point I've played, if not beaten, every single Pokemon RPG. Red, Blue, Yellow, Silver and Crystal before I knew anything about the metagame, then Gold, RSE/FRLG, Diamond and Pearl after that, Pearl being in Japanese. I also have a friend's Japanese Emerald in my DS that I borrowed and beat so I'd have access to the Battle Frontier so I could use the move tutors. I think I was originally specifically interested in an Ice Punch Quagsire, but that never happened.

So chances are I'll wind up with Heart Gold at some point anyway >_>

I've been thinking about Pokemon a lot lately out of nowhere. Feeling nostalgic I guess. I started playing Pokemon Yellow tonight for the first time since it came out. It was the only one I ever played but I loved it. I was right in the middle of Poke-Mania with the cartoon and trading cards. I actually added the cartoon to my Netflix list. The first two discs arrive tomorrow and I'm pumped. Now if only I could remember how to beat Brock...