WWE SmackDown! vs RAW 2006

Guest ch1ppy08

You'd think they'd want to appeal to potential customers and i'm sure the online CAW communities would love this, in addition to the average player who can swap CAW's with friends. Maybe it's the lazyness kicking in, maybe they're holding it back for the future, or maybe i'm being overly critical and it's actually too difficult but i'm tired of hearing them reveal ideas and then see them fall by the wayside. I just get the feeling they are thinking "We don't need to add anything new like that, let's just add a few match types and everyone will buy it." Sigh. Sorry if that sounded like a typical "Let's rip on THQ" rant. :P

Edited by King Ellis

• 2 weeks later...

There are new screens up at IGN, they look awesome, I think they may have given away the Survior Series set though...I don't know if it's just me but I always like to see what they come up with for the enterance sets.

EDIT- Forgot the link.

http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/717/717798/imgs_1.html

Edited by A-Dub

There are new screens up at IGN, they look awesome, I think they may have given away the Survior Series set though...I don't know if it's just me but I always like to see what they come up with for the enterance sets.

EDIT- Forgot the link.

http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/717/717798/imgs_1.html

How is that giving anything away? They always use the previous year's set, and that's the 2004 SS set.

I like the idea of the grappling at the top of the cage, rather than just kicking the side of it till the other bloke falls down. Benoit's headbutt looks pretty nice as well.

I'd really love to see replays implemented, proper replays in games like PES or Madden - where you can pause it and rewind, zoom in and out etc.

A replacement for the somewhat repetitive "Bra and Panties" contest found in the products from the past two years, "FYF" takes the previous idea and expands on it by quite a bit. Now, not only can players select to outfit their Diva in any one of the aforementioned costumes, but they'll also be able to use them inside a red satin wrestling ring... complete with a super bouncy bed (that the girls can jump up and down on) and purple comfort chairs with big fluffy pillows. Don't worry, though, you'll still be able to rip each other's clothes off just like before -- but in order to win the match properly you'll have to participate in a good old-fashioned pillow fight that adds reaction points to your overall victory meter. And yes, it's surprisingly enjoyable.

I just can't think of a response to that :|

There's also a mysterious bonus cage match type known as "Legend Cage" that should also add some incentives

I think I just came :mellow:

This sounds like it's going to be a pretty fucking good game, it sonuds as if they're almost trying to make up for the dissapointment that was SDvR. In the interview the guy said that THQ were pulling out all the stops, but I hope it's not just for this game, to re-evaluate the series then go back to churning out sloppy updates. It could be the definitive wrestling game we've been waiting for, if it really delivers.

I love that all the old belts are back, even the Hardcore. Who cares if it's defunct, I'll bet most people who actually stuck with SDvR made that one anyway. I'm curious about the 'special surprise belt' but I've a feeling it'll be something like the Smoking Skull belt, or Cena's spinning belt. The former might be alright, at a stretch, but the latter would be disappointing :\

They mentioned that entrances will be pretty much perfect. Animations have been redone, and they haven't cut down on entrance times now, meaning facing Undertaker might be a bit more frustrating than usual (:P). Opponents stay in the ring, or at ringside for the second wrestlers entrance, which is another nice little touch they should have added ages ago. Good to see it's finally being implemented.

And finally, do you think I'd be drastically wrong to expect a shit load more ECW type stuff in this game? Not in cases of added wrestlers obviously, I'm thinking more CAW wise. The WWE has been making a shit load of cash off ECW lately, and it honestly wouldn't surprise me if they threw in a bunch of old ECW logos into the design part of CAW, or even some animations. It may just be wishful thinking, but I want Sandmans entrance :(

I might have to buy this and steal my brothers PS2. It sounds and looks orgasmic. OLD SCHOOL CAGE~! (Hopefully).

And when you mentiond Sandman's entrance I thought of Edge's old entrance back in the day (Through the crowd). I'm surprised they never put that in as a CAW entrance on any games. On WWF Attitude my CAW always had that entrance.

Edited by YI

Thank God they finally fixed the fucking ladder matches where you actually climb the ladder like a human being and not Spider-Man. But are they seriously keeping that horrible background music from the last game? If I ever hear "GET OUT GET OUT THE HOUSE IS ON FIRE!!!!!!" again, I'll throw the fucking PS2 out the window.

EDIT

But they've gone back and edited 40%-50% of the move animations? Oh thank Christ.

Edited by Zero

But are they seriously keeping that horrible background music from the last game?  If I ever hear "GET OUT GET OUT THE HOUSE IS ON FIRE!!!!!!" again, I'll throw the fucking PS2 out the window.

Ha, I agree. They should throw the licensed music out of the window in my opinion, return to the self-made rock music and have commentary unlike Just Bring It: "Michael Coooollleee... I want YOUR BABIES".

The music last year, I don't know how to describe it correctly, but it's generic pop-metal designed for the MTV generation who only live for Spring Break. I would say that it'd be cool if they could get all of the licensed music from all of the pay per view theme tunes over the past year - but that lands in the same category too minus Fozzy and Alter Bridge. :blink:

I have seen the screenshots, I was impressed. I then saw the videos and I wasn't as impressed as I could have been (although I can't determine without actually playing it - it moves too much like Smackdown vs. Raw). However, beating up members of staff sound great. :D