Official Smackdown vs. Raw Thread

JoeMimic

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Disappointed with no Hogan, but I can understand why he's not in.  Just put the frickin Real American music in CAW.  They did it with No Mercy.

Only because Patterson & Brisco were using it for an entrance theme at the time though.

It'd be good if certain Legends had multiple attires. That way, you could have Mankind's brown attire, the Cactus Jack attire and either Dude Love or Mick Foley. Could have the Rock of different era's, same with Bret Hart, Undertaker, Kane and Roddy Piper. Shame it won't happen though.

• Admin

SYM just had a list of generic names like Lone Wolf, in addition to some missed out superstars like Tommy Dreamer. LOW actually had seperate first and second names so you could make names, sneakily including popular American surnames like Angle.

Wouldn't THQ state how many superstars they could do though? WWE picking them explains A-Trains call-up though.

Big point of the day: Brutus Fucking Beefcake! The man who without the influence of Hulk Hogan would have been forgotten about during the 80's, never to be seen again. Thanks Hogan, now I have to put up with him in a game. Hart, Piper, Andre, Snuka, Beefcake. Somebody tell me which one is out of place there?

Bret Hart. The rest all wrestled under false names :shifty:

Andre the Giant was called Andre wasn't he? Can't remember the surname, but Whammo! anyway

I'm pretty sure his real surname wasn't "The Giant" though :P

SYM just had a list of generic names like Lone Wolf, in addition to some missed out superstars like Tommy Dreamer. LOW actually had seperate first and second names so you could make names, sneakily including popular American surnames like Angle.

Wouldn't THQ state how many superstars they could do though? WWE picking them explains A-Trains call-up though.

Big point of the day: Brutus Fucking Beefcake! The man who without the influence of Hulk Hogan would have been forgotten about during the 80's, never to be seen again. Thanks Hogan, now I have to put up with him in a game. Hart, Piper, Andre, Snuka, Beefcake. Somebody tell me which one is out of place there?

Bret Hart. The rest all wrestled under false names :shifty:

Andre the Giant was called Andre wasn't he? Can't remember the surname, but Whammo! anyway

ever heard of . . . :shifty: . . . the hitman  :shifty:

Actually his middle name was Steven, but he had it legally changed to The Hitman so that it would be on his grave when he died.

It would have preferred pyscho Mankind and and sweat suit (RR 99) look Rock. But Mankind is my first season I'll do, and then do HBK and Hitman as a tag team season next.

Montreal Screw...What?!? :shifty:

I would have prefered psycho Mankind as well, the Mankind there looks, apart from the better resolution and stuff, not any different from the CAW I made in HCTP. It even seems to have that crappy hair. I dunno, I guess it's not that big a deal. I think you might need to unlock Mankind and Hart though Mind Games :P

My first season will probably be with Undertaker, then Legend Kane after I unlock him. Just something I was thinking about, do you guys think the Jackhammer, or the F5 will be in? They're kinda crucial to my CAW. I expect the Jackhammer, since there was a version of that before Goldberg was in the game, but what with Lesnar leaving and stuff, I'm not sure about the F5.

:(

yeah the some of the moves i've seen look a tad better which is good iin my book . I stand by my statement that if online actually makes it in . it will be well worht it

I just wish they'd take advantage of the fact its on DVD and put loads more titantron videos and theme music in. If they put in the FBI music and video, and London and Kidmans, and Hurricanes, I wouldn't mind them being dropped from the roster as you'd be able to make perfect CAW's. And a few classic themes would be ace, last years had a DX entrance without DX music, whats the point of that?

I still see a pretty big difference in the videos compared to HCTP, maybe it's just me. I mean they seem to move a little different compared to HCTP and kind of a little faster too. From what i've seen it's not identicle to HCTP at all, maybe it's like the game but then again it's supposed to be in a way.

*Still praying for the old Rock music*

I think a big problem people fail to realize is Smackdown games are now like Football games. Companies shit a new one out every year and doing little to touch up on the previous year. A few new features here and there, but for the most part, it's still Smackdown. As for weight detection Matz, they've said it has been somewhat fixed, Victoria can't do the Widow's Peak on the Big Show or anything like that anymore. But you know, when you got a winning format, you stick with it. And yes, SD is a winning formula, and like it or not, it's the best wrestling title you're gonna find on US soil. Believe me, I'd play 2D Fire Pro every single day if it were out here in the states. Or KOC if it ever made it over here, but unfortunately it won't, so I can settle for Smackdown. I cannot settle for its Xbox and Cube counterparts though, they're just being lazy. The next time you'll see a huge leap for the Smackdown series is when it debuts on PS3. Let's just hope it's not like it's PS2 arrival ::shudder::

Edited by Zero

I think a big problem people fail to realize is Smackdown games are now like Football games.  Companies shit a new one out every year and doing little to touch up on the previous year.  A few new features here and there, but for the most part, it's still Smackdown.

That's exactly true, the way i'm reading it, everyone sees it different, as in that every time a new Smackdown! game is realeased, it's supposed to be revolutionary in it's design. Personally, i'm happy with a roster update, fixes from last years version, and some new major and minor additions that'll make the game feel different enough so it doesn't feel like the year before it. That's the way i've always seen the series.

Anyways, i'm already making plans, I plan to run my first career through with Renè of course, followed by Orton and then probably a CAW i've created. The only part that bothered me about last years version was how boring the cutscenes were in season mode, hopefully the voice overs will spice that up a little. Anyways, the things i'm looking forward to include:

The return of ring annoucing and entrance announcing. It might not be perfect, but it's a lot better than listening to generic music throughout the whole thing. Sometimes i'll just turn on music of my own, but you can't fully get into the game if you don't watch/hear the entrances.

I think a big problem people fail to realize is Smackdown games are now like Football games.  Companies shit a new one out every year and doing little to touch up on the previous year.  A few new features here and there, but for the most part, it's still Smackdown.

That's exactly true, the way i'm reading it, everyone sees it different, as in that every time a new Smackdown! game is realeased, it's supposed to be revolutionary in it's design. Personally, i'm happy with a roster update, fixes from last years version, and some new major and minor additions that'll make the game feel different enough so it doesn't feel like the year before it. That's the way i've always seen the series.

I already said that in my rant. I even mentioned how no one bothered about Fifa being hardly any different. You all ignored me.

:ohwell:

*waits for Tristy to make smartass remark*