Official Smackdown vs. Raw Thread

JoeMimic

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The majority of people will only paly as the bigger guys anyways... so what's the sense of having a giant roster, when you'll never use all those lower tier characters? Sure there's a few that I would've liked to be in there, but I can make due with what i'm given.

Edited by timmayy

The majority of people will only paly as the bigger guys anyways... so what's the sense of having a giant roster, when you'll never use all those lower tier characters? Sure there's a few that I would've liked to be in there, but I can make due with what i'm given.

Then why have a football game with West Brom, Southampton and Portsmouth if most will only play as Arsenal and Man Utd? Why release 12/13 songs on an album if most people will only listen to 2/3 songs? Why bring out 15+ different flavout crisps if most people eat ready salted?

For one thing this is a wrestling game, and you're talking about an album, football game and chips.

For second, it's a matter of opinion. I believe that there's no need in putting a couple people in the game that people will freak out about, but only about five will actually choose to play as. The space and time could've been better used.

For second, it's a matter of opinion. I believe that there's no need in putting a couple people in the game that people will freak out about, but only about five will actually choose to play as. The space and time could've been better used.

Well I just got this game for Christmas and I've played a few matches and about 3 months of a season as Christian.

I must say this game seems to follow the 2 steps forward, 1 step back approach

The Commentary and Voiceovers is 2 steps forward. But the way it sounds when an interview is in the ring is one step back. They should have made more of an attempt at mixing the crowd sounds and wrestlers voices, you can easily tell it was taped in a studio.

Vince McMahon is easily the best voice I've got so far. He puts so much emphasis is his voice it sounds like it would on TV. Eric Bischoff on the other hand.... he sounds drugged.

The Computer AI I think has improved but your partner AI is going downhill, whenever my partner comes in the ring to try and stop the pin he won't even try and just goes to knock the other guy off the apron.

I like the mini-games though as they are a neat addition. Same with the Clean/Dirty meter.

Season Mode is very good and I actually like the storylines. One thing I wish they would do is put back full cards, it just seems more real if they had the card with 5 or so matches instead of just 3. Also they need the tag belts back in, it just gave more variety to the story mode. The Shopzone has a neat addition of buying experience, something necessary because I had over 100k in HCTP that I couldn't use for anything.

All in all I still enjoy playing the game and it's a fun attraction. It's an improvement over HCTP as the additions outweight the subtractions/flaws

Now onto a legit question: Does anyone have a good Simon Dean CAW? He will be my first CAW season character

Edited by Corizzle

It's because now you choose what you want your partner to do. I don't remember exactly, but for instance, hit up on the analog stick if you want him to attack the other guy, and hit down if you want him to attack the legal man/person pinning, whatever. Like I said, that may not be the correct way, but that's how. It'll tell you on one of the loading screens

Thats right, but the AI is horrible. Especially in tornado matches. I've lost countless matches because of retarded AI. The CPU controlled partner will beat on the other opponent for about a minute, then randomly decide to grab the guy you're fighting, leaving you standing there just long enough for the CPU opponent to decide to grab you.

In submissions or pins, if you attempt one, the CPU partner will try to break it up, naturally. However, your partner will stop beating on him, and start looking at the guy who is being pinned.

I agree with the voices, Bischoff clearly didn't bother his arse and Vince is one of the better ones. Surprisingly I didn't think Angle was too interested either, but it was a nice touch. I'd played it a bit more over Christmas, but it's still not worth buying in my opinion. Theres just too much bad about it :\

Vince is one of the better voices? I don't agree with that at all. He doesn't speak naturally at all, he says everything far too quickly, and tends to put emphasis on all the wrong words...it just doesn't flow like how Vince really speaks...

Oddly enough, I like JBL's voice in the game. But considering most of my encounters have been with Charlie Haas and Garrisson Cade, I can't comment on too many voices. Although Undertaker always ends up playing a fun-loving ladies man in my season, which is always fun.

I've only done one season on SD!, a full year with my CAW and never even saw JBL in a match, let alone backstage. I only saw Taker at the end of the season I did on RAW (Not gonna spoil the storyline) but it's cos he was the Champ, and he was taking Trish away. I was surprised cos I hadn't heard him talk in ages :P

So I rented this game, and it's pretty much a let down. Not bad for the 3 nights, but I could see myself tiring of it quite quickly. I liked the pre-match mini games and to be fair the gameplay isn't too bad, but the story mode is dire and in need of much expansion for me to consider buying the next game.

I have to say I'm actually really enjoying the Challenge Mode in this game. I admit that it could me much better organised and could be improved in quite a few ways, so it's far from perfect, but it does add to the game. I find the categorisation a bit suspect, though. Apparently one of the harder challenges is "Defeat Ric Flair in a Hardcore Match in under 3 minutes after making him bleed"....took me 57 seconds.