EWB Neighbours thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a shithot episode.

KARL FINALLY KNOWS!!!! And there was some Karl/Susan stuff....I was very happy!

And Lance rules. Clearly. Some of his comments about being replaced by Connor were hilarious.

"You make Michael Moore look like a fat bearded guy."

"You're a fat bearded...."

Ahahahaha.

And Joe calling Boyd Floyd, this is gold.

Edited by King Ellis

The other friend of Lou's is Doug Willis. He lived in the Kennedy house before the Kennedys. His daughter was Gabby, the one on the video who was working at Lassiters in another part of Aus. He also had a daughter called Cody and a son called Brad who married Beth (Natalie Imbruglia).

That was a great flashback episode. Loved it loads and had a massive nostalgia trip. Myself and my wife sat down together, lunch in hand to watch the episode and then the 'special programme' afterwards.

The Floyd thing was very funny and great to have a good old street party again, although a bit too much depression in parts for my liking. Oh well, it's all good and fantastic to see all the old people via video. No other soap would do stuff like that, cos they all take themselves to seriously.

Best bit for me was when Harold stood up at the end of the film and said "That's what we'll call it....Neighbours!"

Cheesy as hell but pure magic.

The worst bit was copping an eyeul of Sarah Beaumont's newly developed chins.

EDIT: Sadly we videoed it. I wouldn't do it for any other tv programme but I've watched it for most of the 20 years right from as a 4/5 year old so it really is the one programme that I've watched throughout my life.

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

I remember Cody, I think that's my earliest Neighbours memory. There was a shoot out in the street and she got hit by a stray bullet?

So watching that a second time I realised that Bill(y) looked extremely dorky.

Edited by King Ellis

The whole fucking thing was great, I liked the look on Lance's face when he saw Amy....

Speaking of which, didn't see go off, marry a pilot, have kids etc... cos it seemed like she was single and missed Lance....

Reminds me how good some of the old characters were, like Lance, Amy, Billy etc.

Also, I'm still on my high from yesterday. Even though I know whats gonna happen to them over the next few months, yesterday gave a glimpse of Karl and Susan being together again, which is great.

And I caught the documentary. I remember being a kid an laughing when Madge found Harold's glasses by the sea - it just seemed so silly then.....

Edited by timmayy