The EWB Band 100 Results

Jook

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Green Day was good until every fucking radio station decided to go: "Well I know we just played Boulevard of Broken Dreams two songs ago but everybody loves Green Day so much we're going to play Wake Me Up When This Song Ends now."

Oh god yes. First American Idiot every ten minutes, then Boulevard of Broken dreams every ten minutes on at least four or five different stations, then Holiday every fifteen minutes, then the long stupid one with three actual lines in the song... yeah. I cannot stand American Idiot anymore just because the songs from it are SO DAMN OVERPLAYED.

Green Day was good until every fucking radio station decided to go: "Well I know we just played Boulevard of Broken Dreams two songs ago but everybody loves Green Day so much we're going to play Wake Me Up When This Song Ends now."

Oh god yes. First American Idiot every ten minutes, then Boulevard of Broken dreams every ten minutes on at least four or five different stations, then Holiday every fifteen minutes, then the long stupid one with three actual lines in the song... yeah. I cannot stand American Idiot anymore just because the songs from it are SO DAMN OVERPLAYED.

I knew there was a reason that I stopped listening to the radio. So thankfully, I still love that album.

Try having to have Radio 1 on at work for a five hour shift. It's either them or the fucking Kaiser Chiefs playing. :(

50th: The Libertines DOWN 38

fo_in_libertines_g.jpg

49th: Slipknot DOWN 32

slipknot-roskilde-03.jpg

48th: Fall Out Boy NEW ENTRY

fall_out_boy_web.jpg

47th: Feeder UP 5

260305_feeder_01_250x350.jpg

46th: Pearl Jam UP 10

PealJam.jpg

45th: The Beach Boys NEW ENTRY

concerts_beachboys.jpg

44th: The White Stripes DOWN 3

06B%20White%20Stripes.jpg

43rd: Garbage NEW ENTRY

garbage.jpg

42nd: The Rolling Stones DOWN 8

15753476.jpg

41st: Jeff Buckley DOWN 6

jeffbuckley7ut.jpg

I like this part of the list, although realistically, I'd only stick The Beach Boys, Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones and Jeff Buckley (at a push) in a top 100 of all time, with possibly Slipknot and White Stripes creeping in (more for 'Knot's influence on this genre, which is big, even if you don't like them, and TWS....well, just because, I guess)

But, if I was looking at my personal faves, Pearl Jam and Jeff Buckley would probably be top 10.

Beach Boys. Wicked.

Unlike earlier posters, I think Slipknot is absolutely horrible whilst the Stripes are great (even if the new album is weak), so my take on those inclusions are the opposite.