Smackdown! VS RAW 2007

Guest Anti-Hero

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got done playing the demo and it is pretty good so far. Took me a couple of tries to get use to the new controls (I haven't even played a WWE game since Here Comes the Pain, to be honest). Everything about it looks awesome. Fighting in the crowd is an excellent addition and something truly unique. I most likely will pick it up.

There's two issues with the previous game that would stop me buying this version, and that's the terrible tag team partner AI (i.e. where your partner seems incapable of either breaking up pins, or making any effort to stop the opponent's partner from making the save) and the heel AI (i.e. when any heel wrestler gets in trouble he spends the remainder of the match climbing out of the ring every ten seconds for weapons and then trying to get DQed). If I read it correctly, the demo doesn't have tag team mode yet, but can anyone who has played it comment on the heel AI? Any improvements?

But if vince listened to the fans Cena would go back to the midcard where he was good. He's too much like Hogan (doesnt sell). Armando should be in there as a manager, like Heyman was for the Dudleyz in 2005. I never said Cena shouldn't be in it. Just Holly and Viscera fall into that category, and probably Candice...

Also, don't make me laugh... Cena? Most consistent main eventer! ha. Edge has carried him more than anyone has a right to. Why do you reckon they've had heaps of triple threat or special main events at ppvs with cena being knocked out in the first few minutes

The Kennedy entrance is great.

The stats generally look good so far, bar the submission ones. Everyone seems to have 7+ and Henry and Batista have 8! Boogeyman has 7.5.... can anyone remember the last time they actually did a submission hold?

Well the submission stat dictates not only their ability in using submission holds but also their weakness towards them so it's kind of a balancing act. Really the two should be seperated but we can't have everything.

The Kennedy entrance is great.

The stats generally look good so far, bar the submission ones. Everyone seems to have 7+ and Henry and Batista have 8! Boogeyman has 7.5.... can anyone remember the last time they actually did a submission hold?

Well the submission stat dictates not only their ability in using submission holds but also their weakness towards them so it's kind of a balancing act. Really the two should be seperated but we can't have everything.

Yeah, the higher the submission stat, the harder it is to make that person tap-out, as well as dictating how long they can hold a submission for. It's a terrible idea, in my opinion, and I agree that they should be seperated.

But if vince listened to the fans Cena would go back to the midcard where he was good. He's too much like Hogan (doesnt sell). Armando should be in there as a manager, like Heyman was for the Dudleyz in 2005. I never said Cena shouldn't be in it. Just Holly and Viscera fall into that category, and probably Candice...

Also, don't make me laugh... Cena? Most consistent main eventer! ha. Edge has carried him more than anyone has a right to. Why do you reckon they've had heaps of triple threat or special main events at ppvs with cena being knocked out in the first few minutes

I've not read anything in this thread past that post, but seriously, are you absolutely fucking retarded.

Everything you've said is stupid, but that bolded part takes the fucking biscuit?

Hogan doesn't sell? He's the most recognised wrestler in history. I don't particularly like him, but ffs.

I can't wait for this game, I'm definately working towards getting my 360 in time to get SD vs. Raw for as pretty much my first game...just as an old Smackdown game was my first for PS2 (I think it was the first Smackdown game for PS2, whatever that was)