Smackdown! VS RAW 2007

Guest Anti-Hero

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so fucking pissed off. I finally unlock the Backlash trophy after skipping through all the bullshit storylines and matches and the fucking game freezes on me. It's the only trophy I don't have and now I gotta go through all that shit again. Is there anyone that you can pick that starts you off closer to Backlash? If I gotta go through the goddamn "Taking on the Show" and "Cleaning Up RAW" storylines again, I'm putting my foot through the TV.

I hate the new control scheme with a passion. Is there a way to turn the controls back to the format it was in the last few games? I've went through Control A, B, etc. and they all seem to be different variations of the new controls. blahhh.

Fuck!!!!! Money in the Bank is fucked with heaps of people. I just had an 88:10 match. One of my friends won. He was RVD. I was Kane. The rest were Undertaker, Shelton Benjamin, Khali & Daivari, the last two being computer, but seriously, fuck!

Awesome ending, The Case was down to like the last millimetre of stamina/sweet or whatever it is. Kane was up the top of the ladder after about 10 minutes of trying to relieve the last bit of the case. Couldn't find the Sweet Spot, got suplexed off by Daivari and Taker took out everyone else. RVD got on top of the ladder and grabbed the case, it took him a while to find the Sweet Spot, but holy shit!

Season mode seems to go on for ever. Four more shows then its Survivor Series, four more to Armageddon, four more to the rumble, four more to NWO, then four more until I FINALLY get to Wrestlemania. It feels like I've been playing for ever.

Oh, and the storyline involving you as Champion, Masters, Trish and then Big Show is officially horrible.

Had one of the best finishes to a match I've ever had today.

I was playing as Mysterio vs Davari.

Knocked him against the ropes, then did the "Fake Diving Attack" (edit Rey's moveset to give him it), and in case you didn't know, you'll do a non-finisher 619. Anyway, blasted Davari with the 619, did the Eddie tribute taunt, climbed to the top, and went for the frog splash..... Davari moves, and I go SPLAT onto the canvas (I love that counter.) Davari has a finisher stored, goes to the top rope, dives off with the Leg Drop, I do exactly the same counter, roll out of the way, go straight into a springboard legdrop JUST as he rolls over...... 1.2.3.

Such a good finish, flowed amazingly well.

I play as Rey more than any other wrestler. No idea why. Only lost ONE match playing as him, and that was against Gregory Helms. Again, hit the non-finish 619, went to the top, waited for him to stand up, dived off with a hurracanrana, he counters and powerbombs me into the ground. When I stand up, he charges at me, Shining Wizard.

The AI has been improved SO much, it's very rare that I'll catch the computer doing any of the old glitches that used to plague Smackdown. (Unless it's a chamber match.) The only new AI loop I've found is the opponent will whip you into the turnbuckles endlessy.

Does the game still have the problem the previous games did where in Elimination Chamber matches, everyone thinks they're a high-flyer and dives off the top of the cage (or top turnbuckle if they climb down) every chance they get?

Season mode seems to go on for ever. Four more shows then its Survivor Series, four more to Armageddon, four more to the rumble, four more to NWO, then four more until I FINALLY get to Wrestlemania. It feels like I've been playing for ever.

Oh, and the storyline involving you as Champion, Masters, Trish and then Big Show is officially horrible.

Doesn't it go beyond Wrestlemania?

Would you reccomend the game? I've heard a lot of mixed reviews.. a lot of people like it but a lot of people hate it. :S I kind of want it, just for MNM & Mexicools..

Honestly, I haven't encountered even one of the glitches that have been disscused, even during lengthy periods of playing. I can't speak for the PS2 if that's what you're getting it for, but the 360 version is fucking awesome. The roster, although constantly shit on by tons upon tons of people, is plenty big enough to keep you busy for a long time. Add the nice amount of match types including the new MitB match and you've got a game that has a lot of replayability, especially if you play with friends. I haven't played GM mode yet, but Story Mode has kept me thoroughly entertained and the challenges are pretty cool.

So, in closing, get the game Clou-Clou. You and I both know you want to. :shifty:

Doesn't it go beyond Wrestlemania?

One thing I'm thankful for is the motion capturing in season mode is a MILLION times better than last year. When Rey takes out all three members of the Triple Threat it's a real mark out moment, and it looks awesome. And when Orton RKO's you a few times in another story, that just looks so smooth and realistic.

Better than Undertaker's dodgy chokeslams and the WORST stunner ever that looks like someone from an old folks home performed it.

Kick!

Wobble into position

Very slowly drop to your ass. Then sit there for a bit.

A massive improvement this year, which helps season mode a LOT. Personally, I don't understand all the bitching about this game. I have it for the 360, and it's quite possibly the best Smackdown since HCTP.