Smackdown! VS RAW 2007

Guest Anti-Hero

Nice, I'll give that a shot.

It definately has made season mode more interesting. Feud with RVD in which I steal the frog splash a couple of times leads to my CAW using the frog splash as a permanent finisher, but I still haven't got a regular finisher, my other one is the Small Package of DOOM still, which still works nicely. Got a pretty basic attire still, but I just keep switching the colours around to keep it looking fresh, usually every month or so. Just had an AWESOME match on RAW against RVD again (apart from the ending, he beat me off a standing leg drop) that was just constant reversals but in a way that the animations fit together really well.

I've really got to say how impressed I am with the gameplay on this game, matches just flow so much better, and the AI is superb.

What does the game auto do it?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long do I have to play season to get the damn acheivement? I've been skipping all but the PPV matches now. >_> And can I just beat it once on Legend, or do I have to go through it on Normal and Hard to get the other two?

It's usually Mania to Mania. I'd be interested to learn the answer to your second question.

I can't do challenges, what's the deal? I found them in the locker room, but I can't play them.

Make sure you go to the locker room from the main menu, you can't do them during season mode.

How long do I have to play season to get the damn acheivement? I've been skipping all but the PPV matches now. >_> And can I just beat it once on Legend, or do I have to go through it on Normal and Hard to get the other two?

I presume you have to do it on normal and hard too, there's two or three achievements for it isn't there? So it would make sense that you'd have to do it on each difficulty level.

Well, it stacks on some games, such as Gears of War, where you can beat it on Insane and get the ones for doing it on Hardcore as well. Personally, going through Season Mode 3 times seems like a huge waste of time for me, seeing as you're going to be seeing the same few storylines again and again, and with the load times actually forcing you to play the match if only to break from the monotony of it all...

Anyway, I'm taking a break by doing the Challenge Mode. Just finished Legends, starting on Superstars now. Afterwhich, I'm going after the 'Win a Match as every superstar' one, because I'm such an acheivement whore.

I'm pretty sure you need to do it on each difficulty, but there is a way around it. You need to mess around and take autosaves off just before you fight your match at Mania so when you beat it and see the credits/get the achievement you can reload from that match and just change the difficulty. Dunno if it works or not, but it'll give you something to do, right? >_>

A friend of mine has this game (UK version). He can't set CAWs the original music because there's no crowd noise over the audio during his CAW's entrance. Is this normal? Also, his game totally locks up when he tries to play a Royal Rumble in exhibition. That sounds like an abnormal fault with his game, rather than a common bug. That's why I thought I'd ask about the audio.

A friend of mine has this game (UK version). He can't set CAWs the original music because there's no crowd noise over the audio during his CAW's entrance. Is this normal? Also, his game totally locks up when he tries to play a Royal Rumble in exhibition. That sounds like an abnormal fault with his game, rather than a common bug. That's why I thought I'd ask about the audio.

A couple of people have said they've had the Rumble problem. Best off taking it back and getting a different copy.

I'm pretty sure you need to do it on each difficulty, but there is a way around it. You need to mess around and take autosaves off just before you fight your match at Mania so when you beat it and see the credits/get the achievement you can reload from that match and just change the difficulty. Dunno if it works or not, but it'll give you something to do, right? >_>

It's funny which challenges present people with the most trouble. I expected the fatal fourway with the Rock, HHH, Kane and I forget the fourth to be tough, but I got it in less than five minutes.

I had a ridiculous time with the WWE vs. ECW six man tag, that pissed me off to know end. Mainly because RVD kept getting his ass beat and eliminated quickly leaving it as a two-on-three.

And that Personality Disorder challenge sucked until I realized you could win via count-out.

The Elimination Chamber with Orton was a bit difficult as well because I kept ending up with Cena as my last opponent and the F-U and STF-U are just killer finishers.

It's funny which challenges present people with the most trouble. I expected the fatal fourway with the Rock, HHH, Kane and I forget the fourth to be tough, but I got it in less than five minutes.

I had a ridiculous time with the WWE vs. ECW six man tag, that pissed me off to know end. Mainly because RVD kept getting his ass beat and eliminated quickly leaving it as a two-on-three.

And that Personality Disorder challenge sucked until I realized you could win via count-out.

The Elimination Chamber with Orton was a bit difficult as well because I kept ending up with Cena as my last opponent and the F-U and STF-U are just killer finishers.

I was running a lot, but then Cena would be the last man to come in fresh and would just reverse everything. So I kept getting increasingly frustrated and made it my goal to kill John Cena. The way I won it was hiding until he came out and going straight after him, the Rock then got him with the Rock Bottom and pinned him. The Rock was pretty worn down so I was in control until he reversed a move of mine, luckily he went to the top rope and attempted an eblow drop, to which I hit him with my knees and stole the win. It was great.

Guest Anti-Hero

I was running a lot, but then Cena would be the last man to come in fresh and would just reverse everything. So I kept getting increasingly frustrated and made it my goal to kill John Cena. The way I won it was hiding until he came out and going straight after him, the Rock then got him with the Rock Bottom and pinned him. The Rock was pretty worn down so I was in control until he reversed a move of mine, luckily he went to the top rope and attempted an eblow drop, to which I hit him with my knees and stole the win. It was great.

I don't know, it always bugs me when legends have no entrance video or music. Especially music, since almost all of the legends have had music. Legend Undertaker last year (or year before, can't remember) not having an entrance video was strange. But I just set it to the normal 'Taker's stuff, like I'm sure alot did.

The game Legend Undertaker was in was SVR, and none of the legends had entrance videos, they had music, just not videos, it was still an improvement on HCTP, which had neither

So I just (re)discovered an old feature from previous Smackdown games that I always loved. Irish whipping an opponent into another one in the corner.

It's so much fun to do in a triple threat, and it can really benefit you as you'll take both guys out pretty easily. Subtle features like this help make video games in general that much more fun.

I find that I want to get to work on some caw's I've seen online, but I simply can't get motivated for it. It just feels really tedious to go through the trouble, even though I'd quite like to have them. That's the problem with having an awesome CAW system, it takes a long fucking time to do.