Smackdown! VS RAW 2007

Guest Anti-Hero

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I second the love for legend Tazz. He's probably my favourite character on the game. Especially after I beat someone who was using RVD online by blocking his Five Star with my knees and then immediately pinning them :P

No reversals are ever as fun as reversing elbows through the announce tables. Am I right?

Yeah, I had to recreate him.

I'm attempting a "realistic" season mode. I'm entering season at 34 overness with basic attire, a really basic entrance and a VERY basic movelist with only one or two signature moves, and no finishers. Then the more I play, I'll introduce finishing moves, update my attire, give him a gimmick, give him a better entrance etc.

Just to liven it up a bit.

I got it easily, as Orton on Smackdown. It was the first trophy I got. I don't know the name, but the story is you getting in the middle of a Benoit/Undertaker feud. You face one or the other on every show for about 20 years as part of the storyline.

I got it easily, as Orton on Smackdown. It was the first trophy I got. I don't know the name, but the story is you getting in the middle of a Benoit/Undertaker feud. You face one or the other on every show for about 20 years as part of the storyline.

And if you're lucky, you get a storyline after that that's very similar in the way that Benoit and Taker are once again the only true contenders for the title!

In the same manner of question JHS asked, I'm curious as to which Raw workers will get to Backlash? I was using Kurt Angle, Backlash got skipped, and then I got drafted to Smackdown after a PPV (forget which one, the one where I unlock Bam Bam Bigelow). So now that I'm on Smackdown, I wont be getting to Backlash.

Any suggestions? Perfect and Austin are my last two legends, and I assume I can finish up with Angle and hit the Rumble through Smackdown.

I played as Edge and Backlash got skipped. After Mania, I went into the Legends Initiative storyline. Which not only is ridiculously long because you wrestle on both shows, it skipped the PPV I needed. So I think it's random.

Yeah, I used Edge as well and Backlash got skipped. I did actually use HHH a few weeks back, and I got to fight at Backlash. Then the game froze and ruined my life. :shifty:

Oh and I thought I'd post a few things for you guys. I found a pretty good caw site, not sure if it's been posted yet.

CAW Site

There is a fantastic Rick Rude CAW for X-Box 360 on there, just beautiful.

Also, I thought I'd post a cheap way of winning GM mode for those that aren't interested in it, but want to gain the unlimited CAW experience points.

GM Mode in Smackdown vs Raw 2007 is as broken as ever, but you can exploit certain options within the mode to ensure that you get the GM Mode Trophy at the end of the season.

GM Mode is based almost entirely on popularity, so taking advantage of this is simple. By using the method described below I was able to have a viewer rating in excess of 8 million.

The Method:

1. When starting a new game, draft a new roster and pick a show.

2. Pick two highly popular wrestlers and sign them both for a year.

3. Once you have signed the two wrestlers, end your draft.

4. Now go to the options menu and turn injuries , & morale OFF.

5. To speed up the process, turn card re-run ON in the same menu.

Now you are fully able to hold an event each week that contains multiple matches that would normally injure your roster without any consequences. I fully recommend using this method as the reward for beating GM Mode (infinite experience points for the entire roster, including any and all CAWs created) is more than worth it.

I found it through gamefaqs message board and figured it might be of use to some of you.

Edit - Quick question, does anybody know if there are any major differences between PS2 and X-Box 360's CAW modes? I've noticed there is a ton more CAW's made from PS2, so I'm thinking I'll use those formulas for X-Box.

Edited by VerbalPuke

Another way is to set up a two player game (You can control it all from one control pad), do one show for Raw, and don't book anything for Smackdown that week. Then just keep both cards blank all the time, and skip everything all the way to the end of GM mode. It'll take about 10-15 minutes. Then, because you've booked a card for Raw, and nothing ever for Smackdown, you'll get the GM of the year award. Easy.

Can't wait for some more good CAWs to come out. There's a really good Sylvester Terkay, and some good CM Punks, but hardly anyone is posting formulas. Just showing the caw, bragging about how good it is, then never releasing it. Which I guess is their right, but still.... Frustrating!

Edit - Quick question, does anybody know if there are any major differences between PS2 and X-Box 360's CAW modes? I've noticed there is a ton more CAW's made from PS2, so I'm thinking I'll use those formulas for X-Box.

There are a couple of differences. Like double the amount of layers on the X-Box (32 for Ps3, 60-odd for X-Box!). I was looking at some formula's on the X-Box, and it had stuff like 12 options for faces skins, whereas PS3 has 13, so there's probably more than that.

To get Backlash I started season as Kane, got into a storyline with Trips which I lost at WM. Then I got involved with RVD against Murdoch/Cade which led to a Backlash match which I won. Misterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Perfect!

Perfect!

Another way is to set up a two player game (You can control it all from one control pad), do one show for Raw, and don't book anything for Smackdown that week. Then just keep both cards blank all the time, and skip everything all the way to the end of GM mode. It'll take about 10-15 minutes. Then, because you've booked a card for Raw, and nothing ever for Smackdown, you'll get the GM of the year award. Easy.

Can't wait for some more good CAWs to come out. There's a really good Sylvester Terkay, and some good CM Punks, but hardly anyone is posting formulas. Just showing the caw, bragging about how good it is, then never releasing it. Which I guess is their right, but still.... Frustrating!

Nice, I'll give that a shot.

There's a guy on that website's forums that posted a fucking brilliant Sandman caw. He gave the formula for it, and it's the best CAW I've ever seen in my life. He even found a way to duplicate the Sandman's current t-shirt in a pretty creative way. It would take awhile to make but it's worth it for how good the CAW is.