Smackdown! VS RAW 2007

Guest Anti-Hero

So I just (re)discovered an old feature from previous Smackdown games that I always loved. Irish whipping an opponent into another one in the corner.

It's so much fun to do in a triple threat, and it can really benefit you as you'll take both guys out pretty easily. Subtle features like this help make video games in general that much more fun.

I also like that when you lift your opponent over your head to throw them out of the ring, if they have a manager waiting outside you can toss them on top of the manager and have both fall down.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I just (re)discovered an old feature from previous Smackdown games that I always loved. Irish whipping an opponent into another one in the corner.

It's so much fun to do in a triple threat, and it can really benefit you as you'll take both guys out pretty easily. Subtle features like this help make video games in general that much more fun.

I find that I want to get to work on some caw's I've seen online, but I simply can't get motivated for it. It just feels really tedious to go through the trouble, even though I'd quite like to have them. That's the problem with having an awesome CAW system, it takes a long fucking time to do.

Just had exactly the same problem creating CM Punk. The CAW formula just had the parts they used, no help on where to put them or anything.

Just spent a good hour getting all of Punk's tattoos right, and now I see him in match, quite a lot of them are far too bright. Still, apart from that he looks good. Had quite a physical match against Hardcore Holly, with barely any actually wrestling moves used, mostly just strikes, apart from the Book End followed up with the new Dragon Sleeper, which I'm using as a Vice substitute. Looks quite good, especially when the camera zooms right in.

The game Legend Undertaker was in was SVR, and none of the legends had entrance videos, they had music, just not videos, it was still an improvement on HCTP, which had neither

And if I remember correctly, they didn't even have proper entrances. They all came down on those mini-rings from WrestleMania III.

Guest Mr. Krone

I have this problem where, when playing as RVD in a Ladder match, he always does a generic Elbow Drop as his finisher. Whether it be from the top of the ladder or just from the top rope. His finishers are always the 5 Star, but I don't know why it does this. Anyone else have this problem, and can someone help me?

I'm still yet to get into GM mode. I always find it so difficult to get into, but I'm determined to give it a good go this year. I imagine it's much better with a friend though.

I'm presently testing out matches I have lined up for Wrestlemania on my TEW game on Smackdown. Actually helps visualise it a bit better, and gives ideas how to book.

I used GM mode last year for a diary, tis handy.

Greatest match ever. Cena FU'ing people through tables amd the ending came when Flair was doin the figure four on JBL, I FU'd Batista through a table, then FU'd Flair and then hit the flip over facebuster for the busting open of JBL and the 1...2...3.

WOO!

Edited by Jouzy Claus

I just got this game on Saturday (since I just got my 360) I enjoy it, I mean...you can't overly tell it's a next gen game, but small things like sweat, reactions in faces all the nice little touches really make it noticeable, it's a little much when you have to look closely for it though. I'm glad this was a slight step up compared to last year with hot spots, fatigue change (I think it differs from previous) the new grappling system, etc. The graphics for the upcoming years are where I'm looking for a bigger change, this was definately a good step for a new system however I think the in ring graphics on wrestlers could be better instead of just during cut scenes etc.

I just started messing around with GM yesterday, I somewhat enjoy it...It's a fun little addition, I just need to really figure it out and get organized, so my booking isn't total clusterfuck :P

Anyone know what the Test Drive (or closest to it) is in SVR07.

It was one of the Neckbreakers in 06, so check those to see if its still in there.

Yep, it's still one of the Neckbreakers, I forget which one exactly, but it's in there.

I have to say, in the Challenge mode, the brawl with Edge/Hardy is ridiculous. Edge goes into the match with a clear advantage. If you so much as miss one move you're screwed. I hit 3 Twist of Fates and couldn't knock him out the first time I played it. If you run and try to attack normally Edge will just step aside and once you miss he'll pick you apart for 3 or 4 minutes.

Really? I found that as easy as hell, if it did take a fair few Twist-of-Fates, Edge didn't offer anything in the way of offence or a real threat. The hard part was getting the KO, not dominating the match.

Now that I actually located challenge mode, it's actually been fairly easy. I've won everything except the "Dude Love vs Foley, Cactus and Mankind" one so far. And the other two legend challenges that aren't there because I havn't unlocked Austin. So now I'll have to go do another season mode just so I can win the Royal Rumble. Lame.

Guest Anti-Hero

Now that I actually located challenge mode, it's actually been fairly easy. I've won everything except the "Dude Love vs Foley, Cactus and Mankind" one so far. And the other two legend challenges that aren't there because I havn't unlocked Austin. So now I'll have to go do another season mode just so I can win the Royal Rumble. Lame.