The Grand Tour. (Top Gear is dead).

K

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've caught this show a few times. Most notably the episodes with

- Car hockey (or football?)

- The race from Geneva to Blackpool, where they could only use one tank of fuel. And one the guys was in a Jaguar, did a route 100 miles longer through France, maybe stopped by his house near London, constantly sped, and still made it.

- The biathalon in Norway, shooting out the side of the cars they were racing in

Not that I was in any doubt but they even said at the end of the show that Schumacher wasn't the stig after all. Plus the credits showed The Stig and Special Guest - Michael Schumacher seperately.

Would've been rubbish to reveal the/one of Stig's identity other than if it were the last ever episode anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

See, I missed the show because I forgot it was on (I often do this), and will therefore watch it on catch-up later.

So without knowing anything about the show, I'm trying to square all your comments with this Facebook status of someone I know:

... is annoyed by this week's Top Gear. Frankly, it was shit.

See, I missed the show because I forgot it was on (I often do this), and will therefore watch it on catch-up later.

So without knowing anything about the show, I'm trying to square all your comments with this Facebook status of someone I know:

... is annoyed by this week's Top Gear. Frankly, it was shit.

Clearly this person is a buffoon. That, or they're being sarcastic.

Brilliant episode, something a little different. Some of those ads were hilarious, certainly the guy with his arm chopped off. And that really wasn't the ending of the series I expected, but fuck that was beautiful. Seriously, what a brilliant little ending. Great stuff with Hamster finally being able to move the high stuff on the cool wall, that was glorious.

Does the new series start later this year?

TOP GEAR GOES EMO

It was good episode actually. Perhaps my least favourite of the series but I enjoyed it all the same. The advert thing was funny but the rest wasn't so good. I was surprised that Jay Leno's lap wasn't that good considering that's he's a car fanatic and all that. I mean, I could have done better than 1:48. Well probably not, but eh...

• 3 months later...

9pm? Odd.

Availible in HD too. I've been wondering why it hasn't been in HD before. It makes sense given some of the glamarous locations they go to and how they play up the sexiness of the cars and what not.