The Grand Tour. (Top Gear is dead).

K

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

oh god. even on the tv that death road is terrifying.

it reminds me of when i was younger and we used to walk along the flood protection wall thing along the riverside which was really high up because it was a shortcut to get to the football and i never wanted to go but I still did it and i was terrified at the massive drop. :(

The episode last night was fantastic. Seriously, no show does specials like Top Gear, just breath taking in parts.

Got to echo that the death road was fucking terrifying even on television. And who's bright idea was it for James May to be in possession of a machete? That was hilarious.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

• 6 months later...

As much as I love Tom Cruise there's part of me that doesn't believe for a moment that he beat Cameron Diaz's new record breaking time to make a new record, let alone beat it by a whole second.

But fuck me, two wheels?! Can you imagine the shitstorm if he'd have been in an accident and got injured or even killed?

Why a shitstorm? Shitstorm tends to imply that Top Gear would be in some kind of trouble just because he's Tom Cruise.

Fact is, if he died driving a fucking Kia Cee'd around a track in perfect conditions, it's his own damn fault. :P Thousands of other people have driven that and similar cars around Top Gear's track and managed to not die. Hell, several blind people (or maybe just disabled, or maybe both?) did it once.

'twas a great episode though. Some of the video of the ice racing was just... woah...

• 4 months later...

That was fun. Clarkson's antics in the sea of Galilee were particularly humerous.

Did anyone else notice that in the scene-setting montages, they played the clip of the small boy in the blue jumper running up the road twice? Once in the 'safe zone' of Iraq, and once in Bethlehem.