The Grand Tour. (Top Gear is dead).

K

51 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

Harris, Reid and LeBlanc would make a pretty decent three person team for every episode.

On the other hand I wouldn't be entirely surprised if the BBC give up on it entirely.

Regardless of the significantly dropped terrestrial viewer figures, BBC are raking in an obscene amount of money on the whole Top Gear franchise, more than enough to suck up the losses of one failed season. So it would take an epic downfall for Top Gear to be cancelled outright and thrown into the can.

BBC won't do that, there's too much money riding on it. They'll just continue experimenting until they find a formula that's a good medium between Nothing/Harris and CHM whom they'll never be able to replace unless they somehow win the lottery, thrice.

• Like 1

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, I thought he was alright. People seem to look back on the Clarkson era as some kind of amazing cultural event, rather than that thing that's in the background on Dave while you're working from home. It was pretty much the same with less intolerance.

• Like 3

Less Chris Evans on anything is great by me and I don't even watch the show. How that intolerable twat is the highest paid person at the BBC is beyond me, I don't know anyone who actually likes him or would watch anything for his presence. I don't like Clarkson either, but at least he could be a laugh.

Biggest difference between Evans and Clarkson is that the latter had no problem making a proper ass out of himself on screen and making people laugh about his antics. Chris Evans is like that kid that knows how to do a flip into the pool, and he's shouting at mom&dad to watch every single time. They're both arrogant bastards, but one knows what is funny and the other is the antishesis of funny.

• Like 2

I wouldn't go out of my way to watch something just for Chris Evans, but I like him as a presenter on tv and I tend to listen to his radio show on the way to work. Can't really work out the hate for him, he's pretty inoffensive these days.

http://jalopnik.com/chris-evans-stepped-down-from-top-gear-after-police-con-1783079430

But news website Heat Street this year published a series of stories about past allegations made against Evans, including that he exposed himself to staff on the Channel 4 show The Big Breakfast, that he repeatedly groped a female former colleague, and that a Top Gear executive producer stepped down last year after challenging his behavior. Evans has denied these claims and said they were part of a “witch hunt.”

In an interview with the Sunday Times in 2005, Evans admitted his penchant for exposing himself at work.

The newspaper reported that Evans “frequently exposed himself at the offices of Ginger Media Group, which owned Virgin Radio and television shows such as TFI Friday. He would interrupt meetings by standing up to pull down his tracksuit bottoms to reveal that he was sexually aroused.”

At the time, Evans told the newspaper: “If you get your willy out, it’s the funniest thing in the world. Everybody laughs, everyone of our generation. I wouldn’t do it in front of my mum, for example. Girls love it; boys -‘Oh, I can’t believe you did that’.

Chicks dig when you just pull your boner out at work! 

It’s not immediately clear whether these allegations and the investigation led to Evans’ departure from the BBC car show, but it’s hard to imagine the network wanting to keep him around amid all of that.

Despite the fact he's still presenting his BBC radio show. That's not a defense by the way, he's obviously got a case to answer, but I doubt that's the reason for his Top Gear resignation.

It's hardly revelatory either really, it's not as if him, Gazza and Danny Baker weren't cunting it up throughout the 90s, him getting his cock out for a laugh is probably the tip of the iceberg.

34 minutes ago, Colly said:

Despite the fact he's still presenting his BBC radio show. That's not a defense by the way, he's obviously got a case to answer, but I doubt that's the reason for his Top Gear resignation.

It's hardly revelatory either really, it's not as if him, Gazza and Danny Baker weren't cunting it up throughout the 90s, him getting his cock out for a laugh is probably the tip of the iceberg.

hehehe

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm watching prior seasons on Netflix....I think I could watch an entire series of Celebrities in Reasonably Priced Cars

• 2 months later...

Still funnier than Clarkson though. But then again I'm pretty sure old people kicking the bucket is funnier than Clarkson. <_<

44 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

Still funnier than Clarkson though. But then again I'm pretty sure old people kicking the bucket is funnier than Clarkson. <_<

Really? Hammond is the worst one, he's the one grinning and mugging about hoping Clarkson approves of him.

I'm interested to see if this works to be honest, the show could be great but does the Top Gear audience have an Amazon subscription?

• Like 1

I don't particularly like Clarkson. The majority of his humor in Top Gear came from "lol look at the other guys", which wasn't terribly amusing to begin with, not to mention that he's a "basically-everything-phobic" twat who tends to go (or have his publicists go) "wahh, he's just making a joke!" whenever he's called out for being a twat. I could easily do without him, all it means is that Hammond or May would have to pick the slack re: shit-disturbing troublemaker, which isn't exactly a hard role to have in the first place.

• Like 1