The Grand Tour. (Top Gear is dead).

K

Another good episode. The only thing that irks me is that Chris Harris sounds exactly like Greg Davies, and whenever he does voice overs or any bit where he's being a bit funny he immediately is him in my head.

Also, can we change the topic title again?

• Like 1

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Colly said:

Another good episode. The only thing that irks me is that Chris Harris sounds exactly like Greg Davies, and whenever he does voice overs or any bit where he's being a bit funny he immediately is him in my head.

Also, can we change the topic title again?

Well, now I cant unhear it, cheers knobhead. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hammond's got some real shit luck with car crashes, doesn't he?

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/richard-hammond-former-top-gear-160400999.html

Managed to get out of it with just a fractured knee, though. Those photos are terrifying.

rdzy8r8n0u2z.jpg

Hamster has been playing with house money since the crash on TG.  He really needs to leave the high speed stuff to Jezza or Capt. Slow

9 hours ago, Broken Cloudy said:

Hammond's got some real shit luck with car crashes, doesn't he?

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/richard-hammond-former-top-gear-160400999.html

Managed to get out of it with just a fractured knee, though. Those photos are terrifying.

Shit luck? Dude's got nine lives, does well to get out of all these smashes alive.

• 5 months later...

This came back today!

I mean it's more of the same but they've got their formula nailed down. Also, it has the Hammond incident from above if anyone wants to see him be a complete knob again. It looks fucking awful, how he got away with as little as he did is a minor miracle.

I gave up after like 3 episodes of season 1 because I felt it was just too produced, too 'acted' and just not that fun to look at three guys just fellating themselves because they had free reign.

I'm happy they dropped the gimmicks that didn't work, Skinner was an unfunny stick in the mud that had worn off his welcome after his first appearance. Brain Crash also became boring and awful very quick because everyone knew the joke after the second time.

Celebrity Face-Off is a good format for them, it's more like what they did with Top Gear with just as much a twist to make it different. Them being able to ping-pong between the celebs also makes the interview stuff drag on much less too.

The 'film' was better than what I saw last year, because they kept the blatantly acted stuff to a minimum. And yikes, Hammond is a lucky twat, and he just doesn't have the driving skills to do those trickier challenges. He got off extremely lucky.

Having said all that, I do hope there will be 'ordinary' vehicles in the upcoming episodes. Because if it's only those exuberant mini-films it's gonna get boring again. I like seeing the more ordinary cars get driven.

Edited by Jasonmufc

I think the only celebrity thing Top Gear ever did that I actually liked was when they got a new reasonably priced car so invited celebs down for the day and some hung around before or after their laps. Rick Wakeman was playing songs on a rubbishy keyboard and I love any Wakeman TV appearance.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2017 at 09:55, Jasonmufc said:

I gave up after like 3 episodes of season 1 because I felt it was just too produced, too 'acted' and just not that fun to look at three guys just fellating themselves because they had free reign.

I'm happy they dropped the gimmicks that didn't work, Skinner was an unfunny stick in the mud that had worn off his welcome after his first appearance. Brain Crash also became boring and awful very quick because everyone knew the joke after the second time.

Celebrity Face-Off is a good format for them, it's more like what they did with Top Gear with just as much a twist to make it different. Them being able to ping-pong between the celebs also makes the interview stuff drag on much less too.

The 'film' was better than what I saw last year, because they kept the blatantly acted stuff to a minimum. And yikes, Hammond is a lucky twat, and he just doesn't have the driving skills to do those trickier challenges. He got off extremely lucky.

Having said all that, I do hope there will be 'ordinary' vehicles in the upcoming episodes. Because if it's only those exuberant mini-films it's gonna get boring again. I like seeing the more ordinary cars get driven.

Because thats how they wrote him.  He actually said he decided not to return because he was told there would be character development that never happened.  Mike Skinner is actually a very well spoken man who doesn't have that stupid accent

Well it was obvious they purposfully sabotaged parts of the first season to get them more creative liberties with the second season, and Skinner being one of those things they sabotaged makes sense. But wow, was it a dumb gamble by them because it made some stuff barely watcheable.

Here he is with his actual voice

• 2 months later...

I found it amusing when Chris Harris got all mardy about the salt flats being flooded "35 years waiting and I stand in front of a puddle and go again...." and Rory Reid just quipped "well you can get in if you want".

It seemed natural and Reid being a bit annoyed at the whining and it made me smile.