The Grand Tour. (Top Gear is dead).

K

4 minutes ago, K said:

So did I, but I did some googling and it seems not.

They went to Botswana and finished on the border with Namibia in that one. And apparently they drove a Hilux through Namibia once for Top Gear Magazine, but the show hasn't been there. (Happy to be corrected on this one)

Also it's only now that I found out the genesis of the killing celebrities sketch: they're not allowed to do interviews because it's too 'Top Gear' and might get sued.

How daft. Its just an interview.

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every time I see "Top Gear is dead" it makes me think of the song "Hip-Hop Is Dead", for some reason.

Namibia part 1 is tomorrow, and apparently part 2 is on Saturday.

• 1 month later...

I really wanted to hate Celebrity Brain Crash...but everytime May said "...so does that mean he/she's not coming on then?"  I couldn't help but giggle

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New Top Gear America coming this year

It will be hosted by actor William Fichtner, drag racer Antron Brown and auto journalist Tom “Wookie” Ford. 

Meh. The other American version sucked, I don't have high hopes for this one, but it is being produced by BBC America - so maybe it won't be as bad as the History Channel version.

3 hours ago, Hellraiser said:

Has anbody seen the new Top Gear episodes? Is it any good now that Chris Evans is gone?

I've only seen one episode but its a lot easier to watch now that he has gone. 

2 hours ago, Colly said:

I've watched one and it was decent. The bit with the Aston Martin was fantastic, their budget must be huuuuuge.

I think the jokey dialogue is still a bit forced. I'd prefer it if they all acted a bit natural but whatever. 

4 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Hopefully it'll come together. Even the May-Clarkson-Hammond group needed a few seasons to click properly.

I hope so. I quite like the main three but I would also like to see more of Sabine Schmitz but I've only seen the second episode so I dunno if she appears in the others. 

I'm not surprised, from stuff I'd read and what little I'd seen he was pretty good on Extra Gear. Well deserved promotion to the main show seems like.

• Like 1