K

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, K said:

africa is the best top gear special, fight me

agreed.   Burma is a close 2nd

For those who thought the new trio had just reached their best stuff, Matt LeBlanc has quit as he can't justify spending so much time away from his family. I'm sure Man with a Plan had something to do with it as well.

• 2 months later...

This...doesn't look great.  However, it does say its "pre-Alpha footage", so very early stages, but thats conflicted by "Coming Soon"

• 1 month later...

As part of a three person team with Chris Harris, Rory Reid has been demoted to just the BBC Three show.

I think that will be my signal to give up, I like Flintoff, not a fan of McGuinness, but the decision to drop Reid is both baffling and immensely frustrating. God forbid we try and elevate new people to main roles on shows.

7 hours ago, Baddar said:

Paddy McGuinness and Freddie Flintoff are the new Top Gear presenters.

oh-were-using.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Top Gear was dead to me when Clarkson was fired and Hammond and May quit. Haven't watched an episode since.

We recently got Amazon Prime, and we've watched every episode of The Grand Tour. Just finished up today.

Season 3 will air on Amazon Prime starting January 18th.

Celebrity Braincrash and The American were just stupid. I can see why Mike Skinner chose not to return, and Braincrash was only funny (barely) the first time.

My favorite bit so far was Clarkson's Farmikhana video, and Hammond and May ruining it by showing how it was really done. The video was perfect use of Clarkson's sourpuss look.

• 1 month later...
On ‎24‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 22:38, hugobomb said:

I liked the first episode, hopefully the Colombian special on tomorrow is up to usual foreign special standard. 

To me, it wasn't.

I really enjoyed the first episode in Detroit but the two in Columbia were missing something.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • Admin

Amazon has announced ‘The Grand Tour‘ returns with the first of the Season 4 specials on Friday, 13th December 2019… And because they are children, and it is a boat-based challenge, they have, of course, called it ‘The Grand Tour presents: Seamen’.

The feature-length episode will feature Clarkson, Hammond & May ditching the cars and heading on a 500-mile river trip across Vietnam and Cambodia. It will feature the usual things we’ve come to expect, such as the trio explaining why they have picked that particular watercraft, and bosting about why it is better than the other two. This will be proved (or not) in racing challenges, tasks, and interspersed with breakdowns, mishaps, and the usual joking around.

“We know fans love to see the guys take on these incredible adventures across exotic locations and The Grand Tour presents: Seamen does just that – this feature-length special promises to be a thrilling off-road escapade, full of challenges and jeopardy, climaxing in one of the most dangerous and exciting challenges Jeremy, Richard and James may have ever endured,” commented Georgia Brown, Director of European Originals, Amazon.

This is the first of a series of specials coming over the next 12 months after the group decided to ditch the traditional studio format entirely after 17yrs, and move to something more in line with the old ‘Top Gear’ specials. Amazon is also working with Clarkson, Hammond & May on various solo projects which includes six-part unscripted series ‘Our Man In… Japan‘ with May, and a six-part series with Hamster which sees him stranded together on a desert island with ‘MythBusters’ Tory Belleci. Clarkson is currently serving as the new host of ‘Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?’ for ITV.