The Grand Tour. (Top Gear is dead).

K

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think LeBlanc works the best because he's actually got an interest and passion for cars/motorcycles/all that motoring stuff. Evans doesn't really strike me as that type.

37 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

I think LeBlanc works the best because he's actually got an interest and passion for cars/motorcycles/all that motoring stuff. Evans doesn't really strike me as that type.

The thing is, he is that type... He's just not very convincing about it. :shifty: 

Vince McEvans is back. His excuse for the drop in ratings of over a third from Episode 1 to Episode 2 is that people aren't watching things on television any more and that with iPlayer and recorded viewings it would be up around the 9 million mark. I'm expecting him to say PPV is a dying industry soon and next week's Top Gear to have a Did You Know? screen informing us that Top Gear is the longest running episodic television show in history.

It had 2.8 million viewers, less than the 4.2 million viewers that the Antiques Roadshow secured at the same time, and just slightly down from the 6.56 million viewers of the second episode of the last Clarkson/May/Hammond series.

It wasn't even that bad a show, I enjoyed the South Africa stuff even if it seemed a bit forced.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Evans is apparently a dick on and off set. Refuses to have anything to do with the rest of the cast, and one of the Top Gear producers quit the show last fall allegedly due to Evans "diva-like" behavior.

Now let's get someone who isn't a bit shit in there. I wouldn't cry if LeBlanc left either, despite liking him. This was my first exposure to Chris Evans and he came off as unlikeable on the show and especially on Twitter.

Glad Chris Evans is gone, personally I don't mind LeBlanc even though he's a bit too LeBland, he needs to find his 'thing' and personally he has a calming voice that works well alongside a few sparkplugs like an American James May.

Personally I rather see them give Chris Harris the spot as the anchor of the show, he's extremely well knowledged and the most talented guy in the cast for such a thing.

Also, they just gotta feck off with the tacky gimmicks like what they did in episode 1 and just focus on bringing an automotive show first and then comedy second. The original trio was good because it came natural after a while and they didn't start off doing ridiculous camper-torching gags and Reliant-wrecking tests to start the show, their gimmicks came natural over the years and you can't just throw in a new cast and make it about the gimmicks.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

Glad Chris Evans is gone, personally I don't mind LeBlanc even though he's a bit too LeBland, he needs to find his 'thing' and personally he has a calming voice that works well alongside a few sparkplugs like an American James May.

Personally I rather see them give Chris Harris the spot as the anchor of the show, he's extremely well knowledged and the most talented guy in the cast for such a thing.

Also, they just gotta feck off with the tacky gimmicks like what they did in episode 1 and just focus on bringing an automotive show first and then comedy second. The original trio was good because it came natural after a while and they didn't start off doing ridiculous camper-torching gags and Reliant-wrecking tests to start the show, their gimmicks came natural over the years and you can't just throw in a new cast and make it about the gimmicks.

He's the one on the little Top Gear spin off show? I like him. And the other bloke.