What Next-Gen System Will You Be Getting?

illmatic

102 members have voted

1. 1. What system will you be getting?

• Wii
    • Playstation 3
    • XBox 360
    • All Three
    • Wii & XBox 360
    • XBox 360 & Playstation 3
    • Wii & Playstation 3
    • None

I'll be buying a Wii. I'll also probably end up with either the PS3 or an X-Box 360. Will take a wait and see approach as to which has the better list of games as I'm in no hurry to rush out and spend $1000 or $650 on a console when I don't have a HD television.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still sticking by the PS3, the Wii has minor appeal to me, but Nintendo really burned me badly with the Gamecube to the point that I was actually quite pissed a while ago, while looking for new games that came out, to see that... well there were barely any.

Guest JT179

If I have any money later this year i want to pick up an Xbox 360, simply because of some of the games I saw that are coming out later this year and next. Gears Of War looks awesome, Fable 2 & Halo 3 have me drooling. I think they might finally be taking advantage of the graphics capabilties that the 360 has to offer.

Going strictly off E3 alone, picking any console except the Wii would be retarded. Nintendo blew everyone out of the water and then beat their beached corpses with a board with a nail in it. Microsoft, as usual, relied on Halo to get people interested. Once Sony announced their ridiculous price, and we heard that GTA4 would be on XBox too, suddenly things don't seem so grand. I love the Playstation brand, but I'm sorry, Metal Gear isn't worth $600.

The coolest thing to come from Sony this year at E3 was God of War 2, and that's going to be on the PS2. I don't see how anyone can possibly be excited right now for the PS3, the launch is going to be as weak, if not weaker than the PS2's. If people buy the console despite the price, then go out and buy one since they'll get the games, just like they always do. But if people don't rush out to pay $600 for the thing, you can expect it to be the PS3D0.

http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/ps3/game/news...&sectionId=1006

[PS3] Sony makes moves to stamp out lucrative second-hand market

Words: Matt Cundy

Wednesday 24 May 2006

High street games shops have been told by Sony that there will be no PS3 pre-owned sections in their stores as it will be illegal for customers to sell any next-gen PlayStation games that they've bought, retail sources have revealed to GamesRadar.

It seems that Sony is planning to adopt a licensing system that will mean gamers won't own the PS3 titles that they've paid money for. Instead, they will only be purchasing the licence to play the game and that the software itself will still be Sony property - meaning that the disc won't be the customer's to sell.

We assume that the thinking behind this move will ultimately be to stop PS3 games being resold several times - which currently snatches potential sales away from Sony - and to counter the impression in consumers' minds that games are only really worth their pre-owned price and are not worth buying new.

When we contacted Sony, it issued us with the following statement: "We have made all of the official announcements at E3 and cannot make any further comments at this time. We will be announcing more news running up to PlayStation 3's launch."

Sony's balls are getting way too big. I've owned both the PS and PS2, but if that news is legit, I won't be buying a PS3, plain and simple. One, I can't afford a $600 console with one major exclusive title (MGS4), Two, I save a ton of money by trading in games. Simply put, buying a PS3 is a poor financial move. Not to mention, Sony is going to piss off every retailer that specializes in games. Gamestop and EBGames make a ton of money off used games, expect them to be pushing the 360 and the Wii in their stores and putting the PS3 in the back. Seriously, fuck Sony.

Guest clintcasey

I'd take that article with a pinch of salt. The only people who seem to be reporting the story is them. If a story like that actualy had any evidence or an inside source with some legitmacy than it would have cause a larger stink than that. I say wait for Sony to make an announcement or wait for people to clearify details before jumping to any conclusions.

Really, not allowing the sale of pre-owned games yet forcing $60 price tags *per game* reeks of desperation by way of arrogance. Sony knows that if it's good enough, people will pay the bucks for it (Guitar Hero going for $65-$80 new depending on where you shop, but people will buy it.) The system's price touches a nerve, especially with the news that the Wii may very well make it under $250 at launch.

Which, by the way, IGN and MTV were quick to point out that should that be the case, you could have a Wii Wii for the same price as a PS3.

That joke will never get old.

Back to the main point; Sony will never openly admit to doing such a deed. The only reason someone noticed the rootkit formula on their CDs was by digging depper than nearly all normal consumers would think of. Besides, Sony knows that the games that are good enough will sell both new and used. With these two points, don't expect this to be the case.

Give me Spore for the PC and Wii for the win, plz.

So am I right in thinking that this means you couldn't bring your copy of a game over to a mates house and play it on his console? That's fucking gay

That was when their was talk of the games being "locked" to one system. That rumour was apparently rubbish though.

This one is just about trading games being stopped, but again, I'm taking it with a pinch of salt.

As for votes, I went with the PS3. I've never been interested in the X-Box, and frankly, Nintendo tend to fuck up with their consoles from what I've seen...they always have a few really excellent titles, but so much filler. I'm sure PS3 will be the same in that aspect to some degree, but the sheer volume of games means that although more filler, one would hope more excellent games.

I've also had a PS and PS2.

PS3 all the way for me. I went the same way as AJ, and transitioned from Sega to Sony and haven't changed my stance since. I've never bothered with all of the "my console's better than yours" bollocks. the X-Box has never appealed to me in the slightest, no matter how much better people say it is. I got a Gamecube not too long ago, but the only game I could be bothered to get was Zelda, and my brother got Pokemon Colosseum.

I may at some point check out the Wii, but for now I'm sticking with what I'm comfortable with.

Guest clintcasey

Look guys, there is no way Sony is going to start selling games so that you can only install and play them on just one PS3 and no other with a licencing system. Sure thats a good way to deal with second hand game shops, but its also a double edged sword in that same respect. Not only would they have to deal with a consumer outcry, but they would also be cutting out the section of their customer base thats provides them with the most relyable base income for all of the games they sell, the Rental Stores. Most people will not buy a game before playing it. Sony knows this and if they tryed to impliment a licensing system they would effectivly be cutting out a HUGE portion of their customer base that they don't even have yet.

Bottom line is this story is probably going to be debunked shortly if it ever spreads around enough to realy catch people's attentions.

I'll be getting a PS3 on release.

Judging by what i know, the Wii is aimed at being a party console, multiplayer galore, laugh at your friends etc. The 360 has got some appeals, like...... (cricket sounds)

Honestly, i'm a 1 player gamer and seeing as FFXIII is going to be on PS3 along with MGS4 and possibly KH3, I'm sticking with Sony. I don't care about the $1000 price tag.