World Cup 2006

Dan

How much do you want to bet the shot of the referees getting medals is misinterpreted by at least one conspirator?

And Liam, do you recall how Australia flat-out MUGGED Holland in a friendly? That's what I mean.

Look back in the thread, I've called Australia a "boistrous/dirty" team myself, but against Italy they weren't overly, nor against Brazil when they had some obscene amount of free-kicks racked up against them. I know they can be nasty at times, but it doesn't excuse a bad refereeing performance.

JohnnyPerfect would join us at this point but apparently his head is stuck in a doorway somewhere.

Hopefully Vinnie Jones/Lock Stock Style.

Bwahahahahaha :P

I'm all for more violence in football, toughen it up again, have the skillful players needing to retire at 26 after being kicked about by useless but tough defenders week in week out.

Nah, but in all seriousness, there needs to be a balance. The Premiership in the '90s was a good balance I feel.

VIVA LA BOLOGNESE!

Thats just won me a lovely £150.

And what I can't believe, is that people are actually lynching Italy for what seems to be the singular penalty against Aussie, which yes, was a clear dive, but I haven't seen any other instances brought up? At all?

Guest Ringo Hates Divers

It's funny, because one of the guys I spent my time watching the WC with spent the whole time saying "Zidane's retiring, why doesn't he just fuck up a player? He's got nothing to lose". What a waste of a headbutt though. He could have headbutted Buffon and that'd have given France an advantage.

All in all, it was a fun match. I laughed at Zidane's headbutt. I laughed at Gatusso's underpants. Best team won. and Zidane went up in my esteem.

And thank fuck for the EPL, because if I had to watch anymore diving, I'd have cried.