Official Premiership 06/07 thread

Liam

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused. Weren't the Italian teams being punished for match fixing and threatening referees? I understand that West Ham did something wrong, but comparing that to years of match fixing is a bit rich.

Bury field an ineligible player in the FA Cup by mistake, realise, tell the FA. What happens? They are kicked out of the FA Cup, as per the rules

West Ham field two ineligible players in the Premiership on purpose and don't tell the FA. What happens? A fine of a few million, which is nothing compared to what they would have lost if they'd been given the points deduction they deserved and relegated to the Championship.

We're worse than Serie A. And now the FA have set themselves a precedent, I'd like to see them dock points off anyone ever again. If Wigan go down as a result, I can see Dave Whelan suing the FA.

Oh, and as for Allardyce, apparently the Bolton board wouldn't give him the money he felt he needed to get the team anywhere near the getting into the top 4....which is fair enough.

Bit of an odd time for him to do it though. They've got, what, two games left? He could have at least stuck around and guided them to European qualification.

Oh, and as for Allardyce, apparently the Bolton board wouldn't give him the money he felt he needed to get the team anywhere near the getting into the top 4....which is fair enough.

Bit of an odd time for him to do it though. They've got, what, two games left? He could have at least stuck around and guided them to European qualification.

Definitely... I can easily see Bolton lose it in the final two games and end up out of the qualifying positions in favour of Portsmouth or Tottenham, they won't adjust to Sam leaving so quickly considering he's been there since 1999. When I can see Man Utd going seriously downhill when Fergie *FINALLY* leaves in the year 2235, a lesser team like Bolton won't be an exception to the same situation.

You follow West Ham, don't you?.....

I've a soft spot for them, but that's the presence of Lucas Neill and the awesomeness of Carlos Tevez. To be honest, my heart will never truly return to the Premier League until Leeds do :P

You might as well have left it at 'my heart will never truly return to the Premier League' then ¬_¬

Deserved everything. Got nothing :(.

Just saw this. I can understand this mode of thinking if you'd been the better team for 90 minutes and Utd had stolen a 1-0 win right at the death. But your team gave away a 2 goal lead with some horrendous defending, and thus deserved nothing. At least in my view.

In regards to the league, the best possible scenario for me is that Utd equal Chelsea's result this weekend, and then as long as they don't lose to Chelsea, they'll be lifting the trophy at Stamford Bridge.

If only Chelsea played Arsenal before Utd played City, then if results went Utd's way they'd win it at Eastlands, which would be almost as much fun.

As for Sam Allardyce, I can see him at Newcastle. They desperately need plucking out of obscurity. Their fans deserve better.

Edited by Thomas

To answer someone's point about why he [Allardyce] did it now, instead of at the end of the season, it was apparantly due to the news of his resignation leaking out. The chairman or someone was quoted as saying they'd known for weeks.

Reading boss Steve Coppell claims he has £200million to add to his squad this summer - but still plans to field his reserves if his side claim a Uefa Cup spot.

Reading have had an outstanding first season in the Premiership, and a 1-0 win over Newcastle on Monday night saw them move up to seventh in the league.

However, Coppell believes the competition would be an unwanted distraction for the club and says he will field his reserves if they qualify, even though chairman John Madejski is ready to open his chequebook to reinforce the squad.

"I've said all along my reasons for thinking this would not be a good time for Europe, but if it happens, it happens," he said.

"The chairman has told me he's got £200m to supplement the squad - it's just a question of me going out and writing the cheques!

"As far as I'm concerned, we have a European Cup final every weekend in the Premiership. That's how much it means to everyone at this club.

"We've prioritised it massively this season - I make no bones about that - and we would prioritise it again."

Edited by Lost Soul

To answer someone's point about why he [Allardyce] did it now, instead of at the end of the season, it was apparantly due to the news of his resignation leaking out. The chairman or someone was quoted as saying they'd known for weeks.

Why should that have made him leave early? He may as well have been honest with his team and admitted he was leaving but he was going to get them into Europe first. It's only two games after all.

Concurred, who the heck thought it up? The clubs colours are claret and blue, not some lame pale blue. lol, we won a trophy once. Look at our star!