What music are you listening to?

Benji

2 hours ago, Cymbols said:

Just realised, Beach Weather's frontman is the guy that was in A Rocket to the Moon, that's pretty sick. 

What's sick about it?  Is he gross? Has he committed heinous acts?

Yo you guys the new yellow Power Ranger is actually pretty lit. There ain't no guarantee, but I'll take a chance on we.

New Feeder album is very good. They've played up to their strength of staying mid-tempo, and the result: some great tracks like 'Infrared-Ultraviolet', 'Eskimo', and 'Hundred Liars'. I'm off to Leeds in 30 minutes to see them, and I hope they play quite a bit off it.

New Alter Bridge, not so great, as in I've not finished it yet as a) it's 66 minutes long, b) it's 50+ minutes of the same loudly produced song. Please post your cracks below. Something like "standard Alter Bridge, then".

I also gave the new Sum 41 album a twirl on Friday night but nothing really stuck on the first listen tbh.

23 hours ago, GA! said:

New Alter Bridge, not so great, as in I've not finished it yet as a) it's 66 minutes long, b) it's 50+ minutes of the same loudly produced song. Please post your cracks below. Something like "standard Alter Bridge, then".

I've gone right off Alter Bridge since whichever album followed Blackbird, just not as interesting anymore. I actually prefer Mark Tremonti's solo project now, his latest album has got some great tracks on it.

I was going to post this in the Rap thread, but it's not quite rap-related enough, but someone put out a mash up of Drake and Sufjan Stevens songs and it's honestly really good.  Like, I don't like mash-ups but the gentle music from Sufjan works super well with Drake's flow.  The last few songs are ukulele covers of mashed up Sufjan and Drake songs and those are okay, and that's coming from someone who likes ukulele, so maybe skip that.  But my favorites after one listen are Death Over Dignity, Too Much2, and Jacksonville Forever.

https://riveyoncecuoknowles.bandcamp.com/album/six-swans

• Like 1

I saw them live twice and they were absolutely unreal both times. I wasn't that fussed on their last album but I love all of the others, easily one of the best bands Wales has produced and now friends I know who were die-hard fans of them avoid any association like the plague.

Annoyingly it seems apparent to me that Ian Watkins had a very strong influence over the sound they went for, because I thought No Devotion (the band the other members subsequently formed)'s album was fucking shit <_<

17 hours ago, Jericode said:

I saw them live twice and they were absolutely unreal both times. I wasn't that fussed on their last album but I love all of the others, easily one of the best bands Wales has produced and now friends I know who were die-hard fans of them avoid any association like the plague.

Annoyingly it seems apparent to me that Ian Watkins had a very strong influence over the sound they went for, because I thought No Devotion (the band the other members subsequently formed)'s album was fucking shit <_<

I saw them like six months before the allegations came out, and they were so good. Fuck you Ian. <_<

I have been listening to a lot of Oren Ambarchi projects as of late, specifically because his upcoming Hubris release is getting a remix Ricardo Villalobos. Ambarchis collab with Keiji Haino and Jim O'Rourke has probably been the best so far althought I liked the turntable music on Pale Calling, an experimental collaboration with Kassel Jaeger and James Rushford. Check that one out if you like Philip Jeck.

• Like 1

"World Gone Wrong" is genuinely my favorite Bob Dylan album. It's the second of a two albums released out of a contractual obligation and it's just Dylan with a guitar and harmonica singing folk-blues songs. I love the combination of the lyrical style of these old folk songs, the stripped down nature of the recordings plus the fact Dylan sounds his most like a buzzsaw. It's other-wordly.