Gaming Urban Legends

MalaCloudy Black

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about the illusive Mortal Kombat SNES edition gore cheat?

Actually, all you need to do to is enter a PAR/Game Genie code that changes the color of the sweat. Nothing really remarkable, seeing how it won't change the fact that everyone except Scorpion and Sonya originally had a gory finisher.

As far as Urban Legends, Final Fantasy VI (3 back in the day), there was so much rumored shit on that. Swords strong than the Illumina, ways to bring back Gereral Leo, who is Gogo, etc.

Didn't Nintendo have an anti-gore stance back in those days?

The difference was highlighted in the game Aladdin.

On the Mega Drive you hacked at people with swords and they fell to the ground dead.

In the SNES you jumped on their heads and they vanished...

Actually, all you need to do to is enter a PAR/Game Genie code that changes the color of the sweat. Nothing really remarkable, seeing how it won't change the fact that everyone except Scorpion and Sonya originally had a gory finisher.

Of course this was back in the day when the general conscience on such devices was something along the lines of "They fuck your machine up." so that was never gonna be much of a goer, for me anyway.

Of course this was back in the day when the general conscience on such devices was something along the lines of "They fuck your machine up." so that was never gonna be much of a goer, for me anyway.

Emulation, my friend. I know you still own the original catridge, so it shouldn't be a problem. :shifty:

I remember fishing on one of the islands where you can find the legendary birds, and catching some weird ass Pokemon that don't even exist.

Missingno. Which was on Cinnabar Island, not Seafoam Islands (where Articuno is). (¬_¬)

Pretty much any glitch in the early pokemon games would fuck up your game eventually.

Another MK urban legend.

Apparently after it's release, some people began to think there was a "swear code". So when every character did a move, he'd say some sort of swear word. The obvious one was somebody telling me that Scorpion would say "Get the fuck over here".

I actually had a friend that told me he did the code. When I asked where he got it, it was from a magazine but only worked some of the time. Right.