Best Goal Ever...?

alldaws1

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or if the UK had one combined team.

Nothing would change ¬_¬ Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland never qualify for anything anyway, so they wouldn't be missed, and the only changes to the England team would *possibly* be Ryan Giggs on the left and Robbie Keane or Craig Bellamy up front :P

Keane wouldn't be in it, as he's from the Republic of Ireland - who aren't in the UK.

vs. Newcastle. Injured, pissed off at the ref, about to be substituted...and then he scores a rocketbusta.

I could watch that last angle over and over and never get bored of it.

My favourites contain Tony Yeboah's goal vs Wimbledon, Eric Cantona vs Sunderland and in the free kick section, Carlos vs France.

There are too many amazing goals to really pick one out as the best I think. Depends what you're into too, I find curling shots like Rooney's volley more impressive than Beckham's lob from the halfway line, although it is impressive in it's own way.

Most of my favourites have been mentioned, so I'll just lop on a few more.

I always marked out for http://youtube.com/watch?v=0_pO6LLEnHQ. The goal itself isn't the nicest but it just came out of nowhere and I went slightly ballistic when I first saw it.

Ringo wins.

I went ballistic also.

Taylor's from the weekend deserves props http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQi1T-dE8Hk

Edited by Liam Byrne

Matt Taylor for Pompy the other day. What an absolute screamer, I was watching it on sky sports news and I jumped out of my seat when it went in. When the ball bounced up for him I was shouting 'HIT IT, BANG IN IT!' and he listened to me.

Edit - Pre-empted by Liam, damn his oily hide.

Edited by Myked

I love the Bergkamp goal that Liam said he wasn't fond of earlier, great goal.

Oh and I remember watching Beckhams half way line goal, astonishing >_>.

Edit: Oh and yeboah's goal mentioned early on was fantastic.

Edited by Jouzy Claus

Bergkamp. Any of them. All of them. He never ever scored a bad goal as far as I can remember, and I've seen pretty much every goal he ever scored for Arsenal.

His goals against Leicester and Argentinia in 98 were amazing, and the goal against Newcastle (he DID mean it!) was just beyond brilliant. Will never tire of seeing that brilliance.

I could watch that last angle over and over and never get bored of it.

My favourites contain Tony Yeboah's goal vs Wimbledon, Eric Cantona vs Sunderland and in the free kick section, Carlos vs France.

There are too many amazing goals to really pick one out as the best I think. Depends what you're into too, I find curling shots like Rooney's volley more impressive than Beckham's lob from the halfway line, although it is impressive in it's own way.

Of course, how could I forget that goal? Didn't Yeboah become known just for THAT goal afterwards?

Or if the UK had one combined team.

Nothing would change ¬_¬ Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland never qualify for anything anyway, so they wouldn't be missed, and the only changes to the England team would *possibly* be Ryan Giggs on the left and Robbie Keane or Craig Bellamy up front :P

Edited by The Kraig

I support Scotland, and they're doing really well at the moment, but qualification for the World Cup will be a huge challenge. Most likely we won't qualify. I can also admit England have better players. It makes sense. Scotland have a population of 5,000,000, England about 10 times that. Its obvious who's going to have more players to call upon.

not really though. Rangers are struggling this season.

That's how the English league is becoming too. Only two teams in with a shout this season. Last year only Chelsea from start to finish.

I have to agree Rangers are not at all most dominant team. They need to prove themselves in Europe first.

- one of my favourites.

Ari Haan 1 - against Italy.

- not quite as spectacular as the first, but still decent. Also shows the they the other wasn't a fluke.

You mean that league which is currently rated the 11th best in Europe? Out of like 50? England is 3rd if you're asking yourself.

You mean the league which is ranked below Romania, Greece, Russia and Belgium? Countries that, between them, have won the Champions League just once.

You mean that league which is currently rated the 11th best in Europe? Out of like 50? England is 3rd if you're asking yourself.

You mean the league which is ranked below Romania, Greece, Russia and Belgium? Countries that, between them, have won the Champions League just once.

You are aware those leagues are pretty good? :blink:

Compared to the SPL. :D

But seriously, no offense to the Romanian league but, this side of Steua Bucharest, what other semi-decent sides do the have? Greece and Russia have half decent sides, but none that would challenge the elite on a regular basis. And Belgium has what? Charleoi? Liege? Come on, man.

Yes, Rangers and Celtic have pretty good sides. Yes, those two (and maybe Hearts) could 'hang' with Premiership big boys (and by that, I mean the top 8 or so, not just the big 4). But let's face it, apart from the last season or so when Hearts pulled their socks up a bit, Rangers and Celtic have owned the league as the competition has nowhere near the resources to compete with them.

Edited by Dragon-F'n-Force!

Guest muddatrucker