The Mafia Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, C-MIL said:

I have some time and an idea for a game, but I don't want anybody to get mad about me jumping the line if I tried to run something.

The last post for a sign-up in here was like, six months ago, and, with all due respect to Harsh, had a handful of sign-ups. If anyone wanted to step up, I feel they had ample time. The waiting list hasn't been posted in for like, three years.

I say throw up some sign-ups, if anyone complains, work it out then. If not, and there's interest, let's play. I haven't played in ages.

And, seriously @C-MIL you're one of a handful of game runners that should get a 'Skip the Waiting List' card anyway, since your games are always amazing.

((The rest of the handful would be Norro, Zan, Sousa, and Josh)) 

EDIT: Oh! And RW! 

Edited by Ace
  • Like 1

On 21/11/2018 at 23:25, Ace said:

And, seriously @C-MIL you're one of a handful of game runners that should get a 'Skip the Waiting List' card anyway, since your games are always amazing.

((The rest of the handful would be Norro, Zan, Sousa, and Josh)) 

EDIT: Oh! And RW! 

EARw8fY.gif?noredirect

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, RPS said:

I will always make time for mafia. The sooner the game begins, the quicker I can kill MCD.

Woo! I'm absolved!

• Haha 1

Okay, does someone want to run a small-ish game. I would love to run a game in the future but around the holidays I go to my brother's and am online less frequently. 

I think @Azazel should run his Futurama game in the New Year though. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ms. Christmas Drag said:

Okay, does someone want to run a small-ish game. I would love to run a game in the future but around the holidays I go to my brother's and am online less frequently. 

I think @Azazel should run his Futurama game in the New Year though. 

I have different variants on my Futurama game (I was amped up to run it).  So it can be small, medium or large.  I would love to play one but I've just been too busy lately that I would be one of those inactive people by accident. I could run one though.

• Like 1

You should play, I've always enjoyed having you in my games, and I would probably be okay modkilling you for inactivity too.

• Like 2

I still have the role writeups for that VTMB game I was going to do if people want to give it a shot after SDM and Az have their runs. Not interested in playing but I do like to watch so running is up my alley, and I've had experience running games before elsewhere.

• 1 month later...

The return of Mafia didn't really pan out, which is a bit of a shame, but with putting very little thought into this, would people want to try a different type of mafia type game that I haven't fully thought out yet?

Something like where all the roles are publicly known, just not their alignment or what players have them.  Instead of voting to kill players, you vote to kill characters.  Players could have more than one character in the game and are only eliminated when they all die.  It would have the same day/night phase and night actions and all that.  I have no idea if it would get more activity and obviously I would need to put some real thought into the rules if there is interest.