What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

SAW 9/10

-Saw it halloween night and was it a halloween to remember. Had me and my friends freaked out to say the least. Now, everytime I see the comercial for the movie I get freaked out.

Ray 9/10

-Good movie, but what made it better is that I am an ectra in it.

Battle Royale 8/10

-Good movie, you should try to see it if you haven't already. Nothing that made me jump out of my pants or anything but great movie. Good plot and nice killing so good overall movie.

Finally caught up on some movies I've been meaning to see:

B000068DBD.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Jackie Brown - 8.0/10

Good stuff, no Tarantino's best work, but that's like saying it's not Da Vinci's best painting. Pretty long though, so if you're like me and are one of the few people that have never seen this one, cook some popcorn and be ready for a long ride.

B00006FDCF.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

True Romance - 8.5/10

Wow, just wow. Now if only every love story can be told like this. The only thing that holds this back from getting in the 9 range is the obvious parts where the director wanted to make the movie more of a "high impact hollywood thrill ride!!!" as opposed to Tarantino's original script.

B0002DB50E.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Videodrome - 4.0/10

Uhh.... huh?

You Got Served: 3/10

Nope, this doesn't outsuck Van Helsing, primarily because Van Helsing had a huge-ass budget, a-list actors, and a ton of hype and it was still an abomination, as opposed to You Got Served, which clearly the directors/writers had little aspirations for outside of "Breakdancing is cool!" So while the acting is pretty mediocre to bad and the plot is terrible cliched stuff, the breakdancing IS capable of being legitimately fun to watch at points, whereas all Van Helsing has going for it is a really cool Frankenstein.

The Iron Giant: 9/10

Whoa. This is so awesome. I can't believe I hadn't seen it until now. The only thing keeping this from being higher is that the ending is a little disappointing, but at the same time it did put a smile on my face.

B00004YNUN.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The Prince of Egypt - 6.5/10 or (**1/2) It risks going over-elaborate in its opening, which also copys the Lion King-style of a massive musical number opening the feature and fading to black and to the film. That said, it's a decent picture, though a bit nightmarish for little-ones.

0783229356.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Smokey and the Bandit - 7.5/10 or (***) Fast cars, good jokes, and a sense of entertainment. What more could you want from an action/comedy?

National Treasure - 9/10

Unlike CM Punk there, I loooove this movie. :P

Wicked movie. I'm definately buying this when it comes to DVD. Nicholas Cage was awesome in it, and he "sidekick" in the movie (Justin Bartha) was hilarious at all the right times, and is a future star, IMO.

Only reason I didn't give it a 10/10 was because of the girl I went with tonight kept talking throughout the movie, so I missed some important parts thanks to her.

Good movie though. Highly suggest you see it.

B00008DDVY.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Cube 2: Hypercube - 5/10 or (**) What a confusing, stylized mess.

B00003CXT7.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Bridget Jones's Diary - 7.5/10 or (***) A film that works because Renee Zellweger makes her character lovable and relatible. Grant and Firth also turn in good performances, as well. God, between this and my liking of Secretary, I might be becoming a sucker for rom-coms. Yeah, I'm a pansy.

Alexander 5.5/10

Score might be low but I still liked it, and I loved how he was portrayed....at least he doesn't think all of Persia was filled with barbarians! Its a sad ending though....knowing the fate of everyone in the end. Battle Scenes were better then Troy, even the entire movie was better then Troy. The main problem was the film wanted to tell us too much when it could of shown us. The battles were great but there were only like 2 out of the 50+ he fought. The "sex scene" was extremely weird, but good nonetheless (for specific reasons :wub: ). The movie could've been soo much more. Babylon was pretty, acting was good (some amazing performances though, but only in moments).

If you don't mind Numbahs, I'd like to know what you liked/disliked about the movie, just a little snippet. Please Numbahs-one of the great and powerful critic!! ;)

Quickly, the pros and cons of Alexander as I see them.....(no order, SEMI-SPOILERS)

Cons:

1. 3 hour length. I normally wouldn't have any type of problem with a runtime this long when it has to do with this certain genre, but this movie is so badly paced that it actually feels like you are trapped in the theater for about half a day.

2. Speaking with accents. Colin Farrell just wings it with his own weird accent.....and while that isn't bad in any way, the fact that every other actor in the film decides to attempt to imitate him makes for some pretty laughable material. Jolie is a completely different story. She sounds like she is trying to do a bad Bela Lugosi impression.

3. Homo-love. Just come out and have him fuck Leto in the ass....don't beat around the bush. It's almost confusing the way their relationship is presented.

4. Hopkins' voiceovers(and some other spots of dialogue) sound like a book on tape. Man, I wanted a button to press to fast forward through some of the endless talking.

I have many more gripes, those are pretty much the only ones that really don't have me comparing the film to Troy(a far worse movie, IMO).

Pros

1. Farrell. I like him, he's a fine actor. Does alright here.

2. The last battle. I give "mad props" to whoever decided to pull the trigger on the massive amount of animal violence in this picture. The whole last battle(w/ the elephants and Farrell eating it) was well done in every way possible. The pink and yellow colors, the slow motion shots, the music, everything....

Lame little pro-con list, I know, but I pieced this together real fast. I disliked the movie a lot(as shown by the 4/10 I gave it), but I tried to touch on the big things I liked as well.

4. Hopkins' voiceovers(and some other spots of dialogue) sound like a book on tape. Man, I wanted a button to press to fast forward through some of the endless talking.