What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Got around to season 1 of The Sinner this week. Enjoyed it more than I expected I would, and thought it was pretty decent. 

• 2 weeks later...

Off to the Norwich premiere of Fighting With My Family today with the WAW crowd. It's gonna be weird seeing multiple people I recognise on the big screen, some of whom will be in the theatre alongside me, but I'm looking forward to it because I've heard good things from almost every possible source.

Unsane - was insane! We really enjoyed it! Interesting cinematography and a story that you were never quite sure you had a handle on it how it was going to end. Claire Foy and Jay Pharaoh did awesome jobs. Fun cameo too from Matt Damon. 9/10

Mom and Dad: Fun crazy Nicolas Cage moments, some uncomfortable scenes but overall fun movie. Ending very underwhelming. All in all only really worth watching if you like the ridiculousnessof Cage. 3.5/10

Hulu's New Year, New You: Started strong building good intrigue and suspense but dragged badly around the 2/3 point. Bit clichéd but the actresses did a fine job. 5.5/10

The last thing we've watched was The Blacklist on Netflix, which is actually surprisingly really good. One of the main characters, Raymond "Red" Reddington and the actor that plays him reminds me so much of the beauty that was Hannibal Lecter. How amazing that movie series was, and how well the killer and the woman authority worked well together reminds me of this series. It's really a joy to watch if you haven't yet! I'm far from finished but it's great so far!

Fighting With My Family is so cringe worthy when it comes to inaccuracies and the actual in ring stuff at times. They totally glossed over that Paige was NXT Women’s champion and the fact that the whole reason she was called up to lead the Divas Division/Start the Revolution was because of the work she put in at NXT. 

I watched Spring Breakers the other night. It’s beautifully directed and edited. I’m still not sure how I feel about it overall. More importantly, it has Jeff Jarrett as a youth minister, which is perfect casting.

12 hours ago, Josh to the World said:

I watched Spring Breakers the other night. It’s beautifully directed and edited. I’m still not sure how I feel about it overall. More importantly, it has Jeff Jarrett as a youth minister, which is perfect casting.

That's Harmony Korine, right? That film looked bizarre as fuck, but that's Harmony Korine films for ya.

• Like 1