What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

The Departed - 8/10

I definitely enjoyed watching this one although I felt some of the bits taken right from Infernal Affairs weren't done as well. I felt that there were far too many deaths in one particular season towards the end and Mark Wahlberg's character only seemed to be there to have the Hollywood ending that it had. Also, I couldn't help but chuckle at some of the accents.

Zodiac - 9/10

Truly fantastic and the best movie of the year thusfar. One of the things it especially deserves praise for is being nearly three hours long and never really dragging that much at all. That is pretty fantastic for a crime drama. Also, Robert Downey Jr. wins at awesome relative supporting cast roles, and moreover any character that is snarky in any way, shape or form.

The Covenant: 3/10

The fight scenes seemed to be a combination of Dragon Ball Z and The Matrix.

Bridge to Terabithia: 7/10

An enjoyable movie, faithful to the book.

Rocky VI: 7/10

Much better than V, a suitable ending to the series.

Edited by Rashid

Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey

When I think of 'guilty pleasures' this is one movie that comes to mind. The storyline is ridiculous, the acting isn't that great, the dialogue is cheesy, and yet I can't call this movie anything other than awesome. It's been 5 years since I've seen this movie, and I really should watch it more often.

7.5/10

Donnie Darko-9/10-Great movie, glad I recently bought this

Spanglish-8.5/10-One of my favorites :blush:

Matchstick Men-9/10-Nicholas Cage is great in this

Dazed And Confused-10/10-The greatest movie ever made

300 - 7/10

Its generally perfectly fine. The first half an hour to fourty-minutes, whilst necessary to set the story are utterly boring, and badly done to the point of bordering the awful. Then the battle starts, and the film becomes an above average action movie with a fair few funny one-liners. Then the film really picks up in the last twenty to twenty-five minutes to the point of being almost brilliant last off, even if the end just seems to come out of nowhere which isn't a great thing.

The style is good, Gerard Butler is fantastic in the lead role, and once you get beyond the utterly forgettable opening half and hour or so you should enjoy it.

Smallville has been so awesome in season 6 that I have gone back to watch the show again from the beginning. I've just finished watching season 1. The show opens like many teen soaps: boy meets girl, girl has jock boyfriend, jock boyfriend hates boy, jock boyfriend turns out not so awful at all, yada yada yada. What maintains the interest is obviously the show's massively high profile pedigree, and the solid work by the show's anchors, Michael Rosenbaum's Lex Luthor and John Schneider's Jonathan Kent. The first season's arcs are generally "Freak of the Week" episodes, but the creative use of the meteor rocks to come up with new and interesting villains gave it a breath of innocence and originality. Better than I remembered, and now I'm looking forward to the second and third season, which I remember to be the best.

I'm so cool. I just watched some programme about Britain's youngest ever transgender case. This lad had decided to become a girl and they started pumping him fulla oestrogen at 16 and he got boobies at 18.

He kinda looked like a girlie (skinniest person ever though!) however his voice sounded like a frog's.

Weird stuff man, weird stuff.

I'm watching a show on the Discovery Channel called Planet Earth, a really cool documentary about, obviously, planet earth. I've been watching alot of this kinda stuff, its really interesting and some of the stuff on there is amazing to see.

TMNT - *** out of *****

They got the turtles right, at least. Everything else is very throw-away. Still kinda entertaining, although it made me want to watch the first live-action movie more than it made me want to see this one again.