MMA News and Discussion Thread

Guest Mr. Potato Head

One of the newspapers we get sent to our office has an ad for CFC 6 (a show full of no-names, though a few decent prospects). The ad is the fight poster that's searchable on the Internet, except for a picture of HERB DEAN right in the centre because he'll be in town to ref. :lol:

Anybody else in the UK watching the Alex Reid fight on Saturday?

I'm working but don't even know what time, it's a wedding so I'm assuming I won't be home till late (probably even miss the start of UFC 119) but I really wanna watch him tap the fuck out.

And so Moussassi kills DREAM's best shot at a new breakout, homegrown star. Anybody care?

Miller pulling out the heel tactics from the Shibata fight against Sakuraba was kinda fucked up. I mean, it's funny, but didn't he go on and on about Sakuraba being his idol? What a dick. >_>

And is anybody else hyped up for the upcoming Huerta/Alvarez match?

Edited by Mysterio2000X

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From MiddleEasy.com, part of their Sunday Rumor Mill's entries:

• As of Thursday, FEG has contacted M-1 Global in order to get Fedor Emelianenko to participate in Dynamite!! 2010. No opponent has been named.
  • Bas Rutten is trying to pitch a show that would mimic 'The Office' but be centered around 'relationship battles'.
  • Last week at Strikeforce San Jose, I overheard someone from the media ask Scott Coker if they would be having a Strikeforce heavyweight grand-prix. Coker responded with 'I can't talk too much about that right now, but definitely some exciting stuff coming in the future'.
  • At this point, Batista vs. Lashley is pretty much a lock, but expect some announcement to come by the end of 2010.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Among the interesting names who won low-level fights on the weekend: Shinya Aoki, Minowaman, Ryo Chonan, Brett Rogers (unanimous decision over Ruben Villareal), and Jeff Monson over Travis Fulton. Also Murilo Rua lost.

And apparently Paulo Filho lost too.