MMA News and Discussion Thread

Guest Owned by Quickquid

We're about to have another entrant into the B-league battle with World Series of Fighting, which has advantages like a one-year deal with NBC Sports Network and a pretty killer first card for a non-Zuffa company, including Gerald Harris vs. Josh Burkman, JZ Cavalcante vs. John Gunderson, Miguel Torres and Bobby Lashley.

Then again, they also have a commentary team of Michael Schiavello, Bas Rutten and Kurt Angle. :wacko:

One year deal is also just a one show deal, with more shows if they impress, otherwise the one year deal is just giving NBC the right to repeat the show as many times as they want over a year.

We're about to have another entrant into the B-league battle with World Series of Fighting, which has advantages like a one-year deal with NBC Sports Network and a pretty killer first card for a non-Zuffa company, including Gerald Harris vs. Josh Burkman, JZ Cavalcante vs. John Gunderson, Miguel Torres and Bobby Lashley.

Then again, they also have a commentary team of Michael Schiavello, Bas Rutten and Kurt Angle. :wacko:

So two failed TUF fighters, and overhyped Brazilian, noted Ken Shamrock stalker John Gunderson, a coke-snorting racist and Bobby Lashley. And commentated by Bas Rutten. When is this on and how can I see it live?

• Like 1

Kurt Angle announced today on Twitter that he will not be able to commentate on the first World Series of Fighting MMA card in November. Here is what he posted…

"As Requested that I Must Announce, I will not be Commentating @mmaworldseries Nov3 on NBC Sports, Due to A Conflict of Interested(sic)."

A UK promotion has said that is going to be staging MMA fights in the near future for wheelchair users.

Now I'm all for disability sport, but I can see absolutely no feasible way that can work without it being 'two guys sitting next to each other and just throwing punches'. :wacko:

A UK promotion has said that is going to be staging MMA fights in the near future for wheelchair users.

Now I'm all for disability sport, but I can see absolutely no feasible way that can work without it being 'two guys sitting next to each other and just throwing punches'. :wacko:

That is even dumber than tag team MMA.

Not all disabled people are in wheelchairs. Blind Judo is a paralympic event, blind MMA could be a possibility, although it'll more than likely be a grappling heavy event. I doubt you'll get amputees taking part, although having metal blades as legs would give you a significant advantage on your strikes.

That is a good point but the way I read Gazz' post is that it would specifically target wheelchair bound users. Which... doesn't seem like it would work at all, other than being some sort of freak show which honestly, would be quite jarring and awkward.