(Un)Official Metal Thread

RKOwnage

From what I've heard its shit. Like, even worse than In Sorte Diablo which was, even thouht I sort of liked it at first a bit, not very Dimmu Borgir like. I haven't properly listened to the new stuff yet but I haven't regularly listened to Dimmu Borgir in years so yeah.

• 4 weeks later...

In further Bloodstock 2011 news, all the (main stage) sub-headliners have since been announced. The line-up currently stands at:

Friday

------

Triptykon

Saturday

--------

Immortal

Rhapsody of Fire

Sunday

------

Morbid Angel

It also sounds like they have booked, or are in the process of booking, a handful of bands for both main and second stages in the next few weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Bloodstock have added a few more bands:

Main Stage: Therion

Sophie Lancaster Stage: Lawnmower Deth, Angel Witch.

It's lining up quite nicely now.

I fucking love that ANGEL WITCH of all people are doing the festival circuit this year.

You're an angel witch, you're angel witch...

They are currently billed as playing the Saturday, putting them opposite Rhapsody of Fire if they are headlining. If they are sub-headlining second on that day, then they'll be opposite Therion.

They're playing Hellfest, which I'm giving serious consideration to. I've got a real soft spot for Angel Witch, and the track "Angel Witch" is a staple part of my heavy metal DJ sets, and The Melvins are playing too, which is pretty much a guaranteed awesome show.

• 2 weeks later...

Download have announced that System of a Down are one of their headliners in 2011. They have also announced that Avenged Sevenfold will playing also.

Bloodstock just announced another UK exclusive performance. They've booked Coroner for main stage Friday. It looks like they'll be actually sub-headliners, and Triprykon have been bounced down a spot.

Once a few more bands have been announced for both, I'll just create their separate threads as I'm aware this is clogging up this thread a bit :P

Sonisphere have also got.... Biffy Clyro.

Download have announced another headliner in... Linkin Park. And Rob Zombie's gonna be there too.

Just, what? They're both essentially Reading/Leeds just a few months earlier in the calendar and a slightly metal headliner.

Edited by TheModernWay

The Biffy one is a bit draft, I just don't buy them as a headliner (or want to see them at all), but I'm well pleased about Linkin Park, I've never managed to see them before and would really like to see them.

So, with them and SOAD, I think I'll be buying an early-bird for Download. Worst case scenario and they announce no more bands I like at all I can always sell the ticket on. I really want to see both headliners, so good start.

High Voltage announce two headliners tomorrow at 10AM.

The High Voltage headliners are Dream Theatre and Judas Priest.

I heard somewhere it's Judas Priest's retirement tour or something, so that'll be their last ever UK gig.. or something.

Anywho, I need to now try and be able to afford 3 festivals >_>

The High Voltage headliners are Dream Theatre and Judas Priest.

I heard somewhere it's Judas Priest's retirement tour or something, so that'll be their last ever UK gig.. or something.

Anywho, I need to now try and be able to afford 3 festivals >_>

Judas Priest announce farewell EPITAPH World Tour!!

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

After storming the world for nearly 40 years and taking their very special brand of heavy metal to all four corners of the planet, JUDAS PRIEST - one of the most influential heavy metal bands of all time, have announced this will be their final world tour!!

However, the mighty PRIEST will certainly be going out strong as they rock the planet starting in 2011 on the massive EPITAPH tour - hitting all the major cities throughout the world they will be playing the songs that helped make the name JUDAS PRIEST synonymous with heavy metal!

With all guns blazing and amps cranked to eleven, the band will be giving all their fans one last chance to witness the ultimate metal experience that is JUDAS PRIEST!

JUDAS PRIEST will be starting their world tour in Europe - we have just confirmed the following festivals for 2011 -

9th June Sweden Rock Festival, Sweden

11th June Sauna Festival, Finland

17th June Copenhell Festival, Copenhagen, Denmark

19th June Hellfest, Nantes, France

22nd June Gods of Metal Festival, Milan, Italy

25th June Graspop Festival, Belgium

23rd July HIgh Voltage Festival, London, UK

5th August Wacken Festival, Germany

Stay tuned as we announce more dates - information will be forthcoming soon - so start getting prepared to rock one final time with the incomparable JUDAS PRIEST!!

from: http://judaspriest.com/news/fullstory.asp?id=05E3D999-903B-49F0-A8D2-C4A2431C9B2D

Yeah, fuck it, I'm going to have to go now.

I really don't care about Judas Priest.

For the record, I'm buying a Download ticket and 95% going. I'm interested in Bloodstock, but more for the experience than the bands I'll likely see (though I'm sure I won't dislike most of the bands I doubt I'll be really pumped about seeing any of them.) High Voltage might get a day ticket out of me if I like some of the other bands they announce, and Sonisphere need to pull something out of their arses.

Screw all that noise, Tuska has announced Arch Enemy, Meshuggah, Kvelertak, Moonsorrow, Spiritual Beggars, Witchery and Grave. I have already bought tickets. Tuska is going to be so awesome.

Moreover, Tuska has also announced KILLING JOKE and EXODUS!!!! Awesome-tastic.

Edited by Jayzon